Harvard EdD news?

rhonechica

Anyone heard anything? I applied there and Boston College (PhD). Have been accepted to BC but was wondering when EdD applicants can expect to hear from HGSE ... has anyone heard from potential advisers or anything "unofficially?" I had unofficial news from BC a couple of weeks prior to my official acceptance, so just wondering if this is common.

A friend of mine got called by HGSE last Thursday, she's in. They usually call all of their EdD admits on the same day, so I'm assuming that those of us who haven't heard yet are not so lucky.

Hi rhonechica and TeeDub,

I have the same bad thought as you do. What is worse is that I apply to both HGSE and Boston College and heard nothing from them. So... I guess my chance should be dim.

rhonechica: Which program do you apply for BC? Could you please share with me more of your background to help me have some ideas about what kind of applicant they are looking for. Thank you!

I applied to the C&I program. I hesitate to get into too many specifics about myself online (sorry!) but can tell you that my academics were strong, my GRE was above 1300 with a stronger Verbal score and I was very interested in BC so I tailored my SOP well. I think my SOP was very strong. I think I had a great connection (interest-wise) with a couple of faculty there.

Thank you, rhonechica. I almost forget to say congratulations to you! I have been to Boston once. At that itme, I stayed just near BC (Brighton) and loved that area very very much!

Speaking of your SOP, may I ask which professor you would like to work with at BC? And which area of specialization are you in? I also applied to C&I with a specialization in language, learning and literacy.

Thank you! :)

Sorry for discussing BC under the title of Harvard.

Hi there,

I am so sorry, I feel kind of uncomfortable disclosing all of that on here (the professor's name etc). I will tell you that I was called for a phone interview with the department chair in very early Feb, received a phone call from my adviser a week or so later and got the official offer via email this past weekend. As I noted, BC became my top choice after I made contact with several faculty early in the process (last August or September-ish) and found people there to be extraordinarily helpful, warm and genuinely interested in my work/background. With further investigation, I found that my interests strongly aligned with and complemented those of numerous faculty. It just seemed like an ideal fit for me.

What are you planning to do? Why did you choose to apply there?

Good luck to you in this process!

Hi rhonechica,

Congrats!

I totally agree with you that BC has the warm and helpful staff, and faculty there are genuine as well!

Lynch school does provide a great academic environment, and anyone admitted into it is lucky!

I applied to Higher Ed, and I had an interview as well, waiting for the final decision now.