PhD Application fall 13-Mat.Sci engg prog.... anyone around

ankurshah

Hello everyone

i am looking to apply for a phd prog in material science and engineering prog for next fall. a lil bit about me

B.Eng from india chemical engg... decent %, 72/100

M.Eng from City College NY -CUNY 3.52 gpa

i have been involved in research for nearly 4 + years now... 1.5 yrs for masters thesis... then followed by nearly 1.5 years in industries

i decided to take a year long break from everything in lif.. came back home i.e india.. currently working as research assoc at IISc.. this is a big place in india.. best quality research happens here.. u might not know this place but nearly very active prof with r&d focus knows this..

now.. to the main point.. well am an international student.. i have been to us for 4 yrs.. was in NYC :P.. loved the city.. now will be applying to fall 13... am going to apply to europe , singapore(will get in, as indicated by every faculty i talked to) and cpl in america....

i would like to discuss the admission process from a prospective phd student.... who has an avg gpa's thorugh out.. good research with only a patent in ma name.. a very small scholarship at CCNY... i would like to discuss wat would be the best way for me to make a great application...

dream uni... cambridge(no way i can get in there) EPFL nd ETH Zurich both swizz and cornell...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good publications with a lot of collaboration can really help. Can't hurt to have an excellent SOP that shows academic maturity and background (this is where you need to highlight past research experience), and has focus on what you want to study. And of course, recommendation letters saying you're the best thing since sliced bread :)

thanks for the reply, well pulication are out of question now... so am jus going to apply with my current record. lets see how it works out :P

anyonr of you have a dream uni?