SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship/CGS Doctoral Scholarship 2013

Mike D.

From my understanding, if you apply through your university, and are sent on, you are on the A list, but the A list sent to SHHRC is not a guarantee of funding (like in the MA level competition).  Therefore you'll be evaluated again at the SHHRC level to determine if you receive funding or not.

Oh my goodness I would LOVE if this year they magically got everything done really fast and we were notified in the beginning of April. Sigh.

Year of Magical Thinking.

I think we're technically 2013-2014... because it's related to the year people will take up the award. So... no. Since Vanier and NSERC have recently come out, they may know, but it will be several months until it's entered into a spreadsheet (since people decline, change schools, etc.) 

I think we're technically 2013-2014... because it's related to the year people will take up the award. So... no. Since Vanier and NSERC have recently come out, they may know, but it will be several months until it's entered into a spreadsheet (since people decline, change schools, etc.) 

We are 2013-2014.

Although cool spreadsheet to see what the chances are this year...

my guess is probably May we will know. Sigh. 

(Not to get hopes up but...) I was told by a professor and the Dean of Graduate Affairs that the results should be out in the next two weeks. Fingers crossed they're right!

Two weeks of terrible, terrible anxiety.......

I would be shocked if the results were out that soon....but also happy (maybe, depending on the result). I think I'll bank on last week of April/first week of may and then be surprised if it comes sooner.

Vanier results are out. Why do SSHRC results have to be the last ones to be announced?? :(

Well, because apparently, suffering engenders resilience....?!

I know a handful of people (and none of them are direct applicants) have already received their rejection letters from SSHRC...I don't know what this means for direct applicants though...

I know a handful of people (and none of them are direct applicants) have already received their rejection letters from SSHRC...I don't know what this means for direct applicants though...

I had no idea any results had been sent out!  Would you mind letting us know which area of the country these results have been sent to?

Can you provide more details? Did these rejection letters include rankings?

Also, has anyone heard whether SSHRC twitted anything yet?

Wow, really??  Are you sure these weren't people who were rejected by their university, thus their application didn't go forward to the national competition, rather than receiving a letter from SSHRC?  This would seem super early to be hearing already.

Whoa. Don't they send out the rejection letters at the same time as the acceptance letters, or even a bit later? Is it possible these were NSERC or CIHR applicants? What a relief it would be if they did send the notices out earlier this year.... back in 2006, I remember we found out about the MA awards as early as late March.

Whoa. Don't they send out the rejection letters at the same time as the acceptance letters, or even a bit later? Is it possible these were NSERC or CIHR applicants? What a relief it would be if they did send the notices out earlier this year.... back in 2006, I remember we found out about the MA awards as early as late March.

Late March, now that would have been amazing!!!

Tough last year it was early May... sigh!