Acceptable GRE scores for Creative Writing?

ddrubins

I've never been great at standardized testing or at math, so I knew the GRE was not going to be my strong point. These are my final scores:

V- 154

Q- 143

AW- 5.0

I know the quantitative score is below average, but I'm going into Creative Writing and the ETS scoring states that my Verbal score was in the 61st percentile. Is that a good enough score to get into/help me with getting into graduate schools? I know there are many other factors, but I'd really not like to take it again. I'd really appreciate any feedback, thanks!

Well I don't know if a 154 is acceptable or not. I'm not part of an admissions committee... but the essay scores appear to be in your favor. I would think that going into Creative Writing, that might be the best indicator. If your Verbal was average, but your Essays were excellent, that might make a difference. They'd probably pay as much (if not more) attention to your Essay scores as to the Verbal exam score. In the program I hope to go into (Theology), they say they're looking for a 4.5 - 6.0, so you're kinda in the middle of that; which isn't bad. Does the school you hope to go to give any indicator as to what they'd like to see? Or have you investigated that far yet? But again, if makes you feel any better, your scrore would be what the school I'm hoping to go to (an 'Ivy League') is looking for.

Edited by toby42