NSERC 2013 - 2014

eliasg

Has anybody not received a letter from NSERC yet? I'm in Vancouver and still waiting... Haven't moved or anything where there could be a mix up.

I just got mine in London today, so yours is likely on its way!

Got my letter on the 3rd of April; Was pre-approved for the IRDF, which sounds like a useless thing to me :-(

Sorry to hear that. I was hoping this year's thread would end on map1's happy note. And yeah, IRDF is pretty cold comfort.

These threads always surprise me. Especially this year. not too much helpful advice for people looking to apply next year.  The only truly helpful thing was  when the archaic form of communication of letters in the mail was initiated. So lets get that ball rolling for next years crop of apps -  what does it take to bring home the 'prize' I ask (that is assuming you want an nserc)? 

well I didn't get it this year. 9 students at my university are recipients this year, down from 14 last year There were 22 when I got CGS M in 2010!!!! onwards to OGS

Its pretty rough, sorry to hear your outcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyone in waiting list already have heard from NSERC?

It is definitely not going to be before first week of June

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone cares, NSERC released the competition statistics today. Surprisingly, PGS/CGS-D's are up by about 8% and PDF's by 12% compared to last year. Still pretty low compared to historic levels, but at least the trend of sharp cuts has stopped, for now. 

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/government-canada-supports-scientific-discovery-thousands-researchers-students-1793261.htm

• 2 weeks later...