NSERC 2013 - 2014

eliasg

Just to let you know, the Banting results were just posted to Researchnet- so I expect the Vaniers are probably up there as well.

I din't get the Banting :( Ranked 69 out of 180, with 23 awards given, so at least I can console myself that I was above average ;)

Just to let you know, the Banting results were just posted to Researchnet- so I expect the Vaniers are probably up there as well.

I din't get the Banting :( Ranked 69 out of 180, with 23 awards given, so at least I can console myself that I was above average ;)

Thank you for the information. I hope you will  have other best opportunities waiting for you in the days to come. 

I can confirm that Ottawa received letters from NSERC today. Letters should be on the way for everyone else. Happy I received my PDF award!

You must be very happy. Congratulations on your achievement, and thank you for the posting.  

I can confirm that Ottawa received letters from NSERC today. Letters should be on the way for everyone else.Happy I received my PDF award!

Great, congrats :).

I'm curious, what day is your letter dated?

Thanks!

My letter was dated March 25th.

Thank you for the information. This information will be helpful to every one. Although a long waiting is never easy, we will hopefully receive our letter by next week Wednesday if not Tuesday. All the best for the good work you do every day.

To distract you from waiting, I have a question... for post doctoral applicants it states that only one application can be sent to NSERC per year.  So... does this mean that I can't apply for "Postdoctoral Fellowship" and "Visiting Fellowships in Canadian Government Laboratories Program" in the same year?

To distract you from waiting, I have a question... for post doctoral applicants it states that only one application can be sent to NSERC per year.  So... does this mean that I can't apply for "Postdoctoral Fellowship" and "Visiting Fellowships in Canadian Government Laboratories Program" in the same year?

If you have submitted two separate applications in the same year, I guess one will be void.  Best you can do is to seek suggestions directly from NSERC. I am not sure how it works in this situation.

NSERC webpage states however, that a candidate is allowed to submit only one PDF application starting 2013. Only those who applied for NSERC PDF in 2011 (for the 2012 session) and could not succeed were allowed to re-apply in 2012 (for the 2013 session). 

Also,

• NSERC PDF application (must be made within 2 years of PhD completion)!
  • NSERC Visiting Fellowship Application (within 5  years of PhD completion)!!
Edited by winter2012

I'm in downtown Ottawa and did not receive a letter yesterday (for CGS-D).

I hope you will receive a positive letter by Tuesday noon. Please let us know. Thanks.

Edited by winter2012

So Universities are working today. Maybe they will update their scholarships systems soon.

I think everybody who would have heard from their university has already heard. The rest of us are waiting on Canada Post, and they do not deliver today.

I think everybody who would have heard from their university has already heard. The rest of us are waiting on Canada Post, and they do not deliver today.

It seems my University is reluctant about releasing the information to each person on his/her own. Last year they just updated the student centre for everyone and that is how we found out about the results.

Can anybody  confirm that NSERC has issued all the letters and now in their way to be delivered by Canada post?

I am wondering some of us might wait more not because of the delay of the post but because of NSERC delay in issuing the letters

It seems my University is reluctant about releasing the information to each person on his/her own. Last year they just updated the student centre for everyone and that is how we found out about the results.

FYI Western results are now on student centre.  Just found out my CGS-M app was successful!