NSERC 2013 - 2014

eliasg

I was on the reversion list for a NSERC PSG and just received word last week that I got the award. Hopefully others on the reversion list will be successful as well.

Congratulations...!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the reversion list for a NSERC PSG and just received word last week that I got the award. Hopefully others on the reversion list will be successful as well.

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what field had you applied under and what was your rank? I'm asking because I'm really confused about my own situation. I applied under the "Plant and Animal Biology" category last year and was put on the reversion list. I was ranked 61st of 102 applicants, and the awards went out to the first 58 people. I assume this means I'm 3rd on the wait list for this category, but despite asking NSERC I haven't actually gotten a clear response as to how the wait list works. I haven't received any offer, and while I realize that the chances are pretty slim at this point, I'm still really confused! I would think 3rd on the wait list would mean I might have an okay shot at actually getting an award. 

Anyway, if you (or anyone) knows anything about how the wait list works, or how many people are offered awards in the fall, I would appreciate it so, so much. Congrats again!

thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So when do they usually release the results?

March 31st is what they say but they are usually late. In 2012, I only received a letter mid April.