Any chance to turn rejections around

rdrdrd

Those guys admit they made a mistake, not likely.

One of the programs to which you applied, actually, has admitted a few candidates who appealed their rejection. It happens very rarely, but is possible.

(I suspect that professional programs are more likely to do this than academic programs because most of the professional students pay full tuition.)

I was rejected by a univ but am back in the reckoning only because a few profs who viewed my application thought I deserved to be there and applied for alternate sources of funds for me. It helps to get in touch with the profs you're interested in working with well before the application deadline so that you get to know each other better. If profs are genuinely interested in what you've been doing and what you intend to do, they will respond favorably and will keep in touch. That is what happened in my case. When the dept committee rejected me, these two profs went ahead and did what they could, allocated funds from their grants and reapplied for some departmental fellowship funds.