Stats, application, chances of admission for schools in Boston

Kyralitsa4

Hi guys, I know that creating topics like this is not ok but it appears that schools in the New England area are tougher to get in ( or at least thats what they claim) so I would really appreciate any help.

I will be applying as an international student. I hold a B.A. in Psychology and a minor degree in Biology. My GPA is 2.96 but I believe my major GPA should be much higher than that. Moreover I have worked as a lab assistant for two of my professors, including experimental psychology and research methods in psychology courses. I have extensively worked with E-Prime software and SPSS statisics package. Concerning the biological component, my Biology minor contained one course in molecular biology, genetics and cellular and molecular neurobiology. I have also taken an introductory course in Psychopharmacology  that is not under the Biology minor and one core course in Biopsychology. I will take the GRE(general test) in october along with the TOEFL and plan to apply to schools late November. If we suppose that i get an average gre score ( around the 70th precentile) which from these programs would accept me?

Northeastern University - experimental psych phd program

Umass Boston - DBS phd program

BU- general psychology masters

Brandeis University- general psychology masters

All the programs are research oriented with the first two being my primary goal.

I hope I didnt exhaust you guys, any help is welcome, thank you in advance

This probably doesn't help you all that much, but I was accepted to the BU program. My GPA was a 3.1, quant GRE was mediocre, verbal GRE was good, good research experience and letters of recommendation. Just FYI though, BU doesn't fund their masters students.

Yeah I did 5 of them on a prep course. Without any specific effort I used to score around the 60 th percentile so hopefully by the end of October I will have raised that score at least by a bit :P thank you again for your responses guys!

I have a question about doing a MSc. at BU, instead of starting a new thread I think I can just post it here. :D

What can an MSc. do after graduation? apply to PHD? or find a job?

Thanks!

I have a question about doing a MSc. at BU, instead of starting a new thread I think I can just post it here. :D

What can an MSc. do after graduation? apply to PHD? or find a job?

Thanks!

I didn't end up attending BU, but if I had, my intention would have been to continue on to a PhD. If you're interested in finding out what other people do, that would be a good question for the graduate adviser of the program.