GRE question

Parnassus

So,

I'm currently receiving a course substitution at university (for math) and I contacted the ETS disability folks. I turned in all documentation (including the $175 testing fee) requested and the only thing that the offered was double time on the exam.

My documentation states that double time wouldn't really be beneficial to me.

My question is: Has anyone here ever received a section wavered because of their disability? Or Should I just include an addendum statement explaining the low score?

Did the documenation show you have a learning disability? Did it state that you needed extended time? Were you tested. If so, when exactly?

I am dyslexic and it shouldn't be a problem getting extended time as long as you follow all their guidelines exactly.

So if double time is not helpful, what do you need? Someone to enter your answers for you? Something else? Or have you not taken any math and don't want to be tested on it (I am unclear on what a course substitution indicates in your particular circumstances, each university has its own terminology)?

If you tell ETS exactly what you need and provide doctors notes and records of medical history that corroborate this claim, they should give you whatever help you need to take the exam on an even field with other test takers. They will not exempt you from a portion of the exam, and any university you apply to would view this as an incomplete application if you left off the scores for a section. This would probably take more explaining than if you simply choose not to take a section and explain that in your SOP.

My feeling is history programs put very little stock in Q scores anyway, they will care much more about AW.

Edited by Usmivka