MPH CANADA FALL 2013 APPLICANTS

mazylexsymi

Just got rejected from SFU 12 minutes ago.  Was also rejected from UNBC:(. Still waiting on Uvic, I don't know how to feel right now. :( :( :(

Sorry about that, but good luck with UVic! I  am kinda resigned to that fate from SFU, but I think i'd be relieved to hear from them at all, whatever the case...Do they give u any details concerning where u fell short? I plan on improving my stats and trying again if it does not work out this time. I may even try Liverpool online & Univ of New England for their JAN 2014, though US & UK tuitions are the "killer!"  Hung in there  :wub:

I believe so! I just RSVP-ed and it asked what stream I applied to/accepted and listed Epi, HP, OEH, and another that I can't recall right now..

However, I did only get the official invite via email after expressing my intent to accept U of T's offer. Hmm?

I wish I could go...but I'm in Winnipeg at the moment!

Sorry about that, but good luck with UVic! I  am kinda resigned to that fate from SFU, but I think i'd be relieved to hear from them at all, whatever the case...Do they give u any details concerning where u fell short? I plan on improving my stats and trying again if it does not work out this time. I may even try Liverpool online & Univ of New England for their JAN 2014, though US & UK tuitions are the "killer!"  Hung in there  :wub:

Thanks! This is the body of the letter:

I regret to inform you that your application for admission to the Health Sciences MPH program in the Faculty of Health Sciences was unsuccessful.  We received many excellent applications this year and the admissions committee that reviewed your application was unable to recommend admission.  We receive far more applications for admission than we can possibly admit due to resource limitations and therefore some deserving applicants cannot be admitted.

Regrettably we are not able to respond to inquiries about this decision.

I would like to thank you for your interest in attending Simon Fraser University and want to wish you success in your future endeavors.

Edited by Cima

This may be a longshot but I'm an incoming U of T MPHer (Epi) and not from Toronto so will soon be looking for a roommate to share a 2 bdrm apartment!

If you are also an incoming MPH student and interested in a roomie, give me a shout :)

This may be a longshot but I'm an incoming U of T MPHer (Epi) and not from Toronto so will soon be looking for a roommate to share a 2 bdrm apartment!

If you are also an incoming MPH student and interested in a roomie, give me a shout :)

U sound soo happy! Congrats to you! :)

just received an acceptance e-mail for SFU- population health!  

Congrats!!

I wish I knew how they were sending these out. Are they going by stream/by last name/by acceptance or rejections??? 

I think the anxiety is just getting to me :|

Congrats!!

I wish I knew how they were sending these out. Are they going by stream/by last name/by acceptance or rejections??? 

Thank you! Considering the post above it's probably by stream when i called in last week they said they will be getting back to all the applicants sometime this week 

Congrats!!

At Kmila, i think they don't have a particular order. Think is randomly!

Congrats!!

I know...@ first I thought they'd start with successful candidates before sending out rejections/ wait-listers! It looks like it isn't the case... God, let this end!!! ;)

Sorry for joining this thread late. I know that this question was posed a few times, but it doesn't seem like there was a clear answer.

For those of you who were waitlisted for the Epi program at UofT, did you receive an invitation for the open house? Or is this only of students who were accepted?

Thanks! And congrats to everyone who got into the university of their choice :)

Edited by falcon5

Sorry for joining this thread late. I know that this question was posed a few times, but it doesn't seem like there was a clear answer.

For those of you who were waitlisted for the Epi program at UofT, did you receive an invitation for the open house? Or is this only of students who were accepted?

Thanks! And congrats to everyone who got into the university of their choice :)

I was waitlisted for epi at UofT. I found out about being waitlisted after emailing them to ask about the status of my application. I didn't receive an invitation to the open house, BUT in the same response back, the person wrote " As an FYI, you should also have received e-mails from the Graduate Division about an open-house on April 19th – that too is a good opportunity to ask questions. " 

So apparently, I should have received an email, but did not!

I was waitlisted for epi at UofT. I found out about being waitlisted after emailing them to ask about the status of my application. I didn't receive an invitation to the open house, BUT in the same response back, the person wrote " As an FYI, you should also have received e-mails from the Graduate Division about an open-house on April 19th – that too is a good opportunity to ask questions. "

So apparently, I should have received an email, but did not!

I didn't receive that email regarding the open house and I'm wait listed as well. By chance did they mention to you when you should expect a response from them regarding being accepted or not ?

are we suppose to get an email after department recommended? I think we only get it after the college of graduate studies reviews the application, and considering that they have to review all graduate applications its going to take some time to get a formal offer or email.

Hi! Dentist2013, docgill and those international applicants who applied to U of Sask .. My online status also shows dept recommend.. On 5 th April I received an email from department confirming my recommendation to CGSR who'll be sending the official acceptance.. Those who received acceptance.. Was it from CGSR or the email from department...?