MPH CANADA FALL 2013 APPLICANTS

mazylexsymi

Hi,

I e-mailed U of T (Health Promotion) today, asking about when the decisions would be made, as I've been accepted to U Alberta and need to respond to their offer by April 5th. This was the response:

"Your application is still being reviewed by the admissions committee.  Decisions for the social behaviroual health sciences program will likely be made in mid April - as indicated on the application website.  We thank you for your patience."

Thanks for your reply! I hope everything works out for you.

No it was department recommend. They might just be asking the international students to contact admissions, to get more of an idea on their educational background. 

ok. But I think UoSask r finishing the applications of canadian students first and then they will start with the international students as everyone's application status is decision made and to contact admissions office (for international students). I dont know how much time will it take for us.

Hi. How did you get to know about this latest information? Did you call or email them. SFU never responds to my email, I dont know why, it makes me feel sick.

They don't respond actively. Its very sick. I see em tweets daily, buh they neva reply to my tweets. I called em office one time, it kept ringing, and no one to answer. Just ridiculous

They don't respond actively. Its very sick. I see em tweets daily, buh they neva reply to my tweets. I called em office one time, it kept ringing, and no one to answer. Just ridiculous

Seriously, that is not nice at all. After the long wait, they should try and get most of us in, that is the most important.

Has anyone received any further updates in regards to their Waterloo application status? An individual posted 'accepted' on the gradcafe results search engine.

Hey, I am still waiting to hear back form Waterloo. It says decision has not yet been made. I think the person you're referring to was called by a professor to let them know they got accepted. Does your status also say that no decision has been made yet?

My app. status is the same as yours, no decision made by the academic dept.

I did call a while back. They said we should know by the end of the month and if we don't find out by the end of the month, then there may be a chance that we could be on the waitlist and to call to find out if we are (in early April). 

I did call a while back. They said we should know by the end of the month and if we don't find out by the end of the month, then there may be a chance that we could be on the waitlist and to call to find out if we are (in early April). 

Thank you for the info. Hopefully we are notified soon! Best of luck.  

Has anyone received any further updates in regards to their Waterloo application status? An individual posted 'accepted' on the gradcafe results search engine.

I got accepted to Waterloo's MPH. log into quest and you can see if you got accepted or not. In my account is says: 

Masters of Public Health, UW, Attendance: Full Time, Date: 3/26/2013, Status: Admit, Offer: View letter, and then accept or decline

It also shows that they need a final university sent version of my transcript (since the other version I scanned for them like requested)

But yes super excited since this is the only MPH program I applied to since the online style works well for me. I will be accepting this program!

Good luck to everyone that applied. 

I got accepted to Waterloo's MPH. log into quest and you can see if you got accepted or not. In my account is says: 

Masters of Public Health, UW, Attendance: Full Time, Date: 3/26/2013, Status: Admit, Offer: View letter, and then accept or decline

It also shows that they need a final university sent version of my transcript (since the other version I scanned for them like requested)

But yes super excited since this is the only MPH program I applied to since the online style works well for me. I will be accepting this program!

Good luck to everyone that applied. 

Congrats! Agh,  I logged in just now and it still says that a decision has not been made. 

Congrats! Agh,  I logged in just now and it still says that a decision has not been made. 

you're probably on the wait list. because one of my friends that applied to this program got a "declined" already. so she didn't get accepted. 

so the fact that a decision hasn't been made for you might not be a bad thing!

you're probably on the wait list. because one of my friends that applied to this program got a "declined" already. so she didn't get accepted. 

so the fact that a decision hasn't been made for you might not be a bad thing!

Thanks for this information! Do you know when your friend found out?

Thanks for this information! Do you know when your friend found out?

She found out on march 26th also. That's why i'm saying you're probably wait listed. cause it should have already been posted if you got rejected. 

maybe wait till the first week of april to see if anything changes with your quest account and then call and find out.

Good luck though!

And I just recieved the official offer of admission for Waterloo through email! YAY

Congratulations also! That is very exciting news. Mine is still pending, saying no decision has been made...ugh. Was your status updated this afternoon?

She found out on march 26th also. That's why i'm saying you're probably wait listed. cause it should have already been posted if you got rejected. 

maybe wait till the first week of april to see if anything changes with your quest account and then call and find out.

Good luck though!

Thanks so much!!! I checked and still the same. Thanks again for the information and congrats! Hope you will be celebrating the good news tonight! :)

She really likes her program there. She says the department is small but she likes it that way still. For her practicum she'll be working with Public Health Ontatio doing some health equity work. Job prospects vary really. It all depends on the individual, most aim to get practicum opportunities where they will like to work after grad. That way, you would already have made some connections. But apart from that, working with the government, the UN, NGO's , academia and some go into medical school still after. So it's more of a personal journey. Hope this helps.

Yes, thanks!

That's brutal!  Really sorry to hear that - and sad to hear it since I've applied to U of T for Health Promotion too :(  When I asked them back in January when I submitted my application, they said that the first round of admissions would go out at the end of March .. and that everyone would know their status by mid-April .. So I really hope they don't just start sending them out in mid-April, but rather that that is the latest we would hear..

Really annoying for you though especially since you have an offer from U of A.  Do you know what your gonna do?

Hmm...I think I will wait it out until April 4th and then decide what I need to do, lol!