PhD applications for 2013-2014 chit chat...

11Q13

According to the results search, Baylor sent out several email invitations for interviews today. 

Anyone get one? 

My inbox is an echo chamber full of cobwebs and sadness... 

But at least I got to meet Cornel West yesterday. 

According to the results search, Baylor sent out several email invitations for interviews today. 

Anyone get one? 

I don't know about Baylor, but I got a generic email from Loyola Chicago and Fordham today.  That's something.  And Cornel West is super cool!

Anyone get one? 

That is unfortunate news as my inbox is also empty. I expect we'll see some more show up in the results later on today.

What does "generic email" mean?

thank you for your application.  you will receive additional information about your application soon (for loyola) here is where you go to update if your address etc. change.

Anyone get one? 

This is me, every day:

IAAFvqJ.gif

Anyone get one? 

Where are you seeing this in the results search? It seems like people say stuff like this and then I can't find anything.

And no, I didn't get one  :(

Where are you seeing this in the results search? It seems like people say stuff like this and then I can't find anything.

And no, I didn't get one  :(

The top of the site. It took me a bit to find it too. When I first read about it, I thought it was a separate forum or something. It's not. 

One of them listed GRE scores though, so if it is just trolling that is weird. Regardless, people in Religion should ALWAYS list their subfield. 

Well yeah, posting GRE scores only adds depth to the charade. Some people get-off on knowing that they have personally caused another to feel anxiety. 

Edited by Norman G

I am not one of the posters on the results page, but I also got an email invitation today from Baylor.  I don't know about the subfields of the other two, but mine is NT.  I don't want to answer for the others, but they might be (as I am) trying to be discreet about posting identifiable information.

Edited by onoma

I am not one of the posters on the results page, but I also got an email invitation today from Baylor.  I don't know about the subfields of the other two, but mine is NT.

Thanks for the information. That is quite disappointing. I thought I had a good shot there after a promising meeting at SBL. 

I am not one of the posters on the results page, but I also got an email invitation today from Baylor.  I don't know about the subfields of the other two, but mine is NT.  I don't want to answer for the others, but they might be (as I am) trying to be discreet about posting identifiable information.

Congrats!! and good luck on the interview :)

Two questions: 1) What time did you get this email? 2) Was it from a POI or from department staff?

Two questions: 1) What time did you get this email? 2) Was it from a POI or from department staff?

1)  around noon today

2)  email from department staff with invitation letter, then follow-up email from subfield representative.

Ok, I just ask because I know someone at Baylor and they were told by a Prof this afternoon that the Prof was going to a meeting this evening for them to make admissions decisions. So, I'm getting very contradictory information right now. 

This mother-fucker is a fucking troll. I emailed Baylor and asked if they had made decisions--to which they responded that they had not. This guy is full of shit.

Let's not break out the pitchforks just yet. I'm hoping there is some sort of misunderstanding. When did you email?

Edited by Kuriakos

This mother-fucker is a fucking troll. I emailed Baylor and asked if they had made decisions--to which they responded that they had not. This guy is full of shit.

sometimes the department just wouldn't say...