Article: Grad school enrollment continues to drop, applications rise

Usmivka

The Council of Graduate Schools recently released a report with statistics on the recent decline in graduate school enrollment, broken down by field, as well as increased applications and GRE test takers. I found it interesting reading. Alternatively, here is a short summary from the New York Times with highlights.

Your thoughts?

Well, one plus could be that there will be fewer peers down the road with Ph.D.'s (less competition?). But for those of us currently applying it also means more people competing to get into fewer spots!

I'm wondering if we are looking at the same thing. I just hit the expand button on the report, and it reads like a pdf booklet, very legible on my desktop. Are you perhaps looking at the list of links below the report that go to outside sites?

If still a problem, it has really good clarity if you use the zoom bar at the top of the viewer, and you are able to download it as a pdf if you make an account with the hosting website.

I'm wondering if we are looking at the same thing. I just hit the expand button on the report, and it reads like a pdf booklet, very legible on my desktop. Are you perhaps looking at the list of links below the report that go to outside sites?

If still a problem, it has really good clarity if you use the zoom bar at the top of the viewer, and you are able to download it as a pdf if you make an account with the hosting website.

It opens into a weird window for me. Clicking the magnifying glass for some reason does not zoom, but closes the report entirely. The actual zooming function is really awkward and has to be readjusted on each page. I assume this format makes copying their content more difficult or something, but it makes me really, really not want to read it. It is just not user-friendly on my computer at all.

Edited by asleepawake