Several questions related to GRE

Starscream

Took the test yesterday. Unofficial V = 164, Q = 166. Essays cannot get more than a 4 IMHO (were similar in length and quality to the '4' category sample essays provided by ETS).

Main question(s): When I log in to my GRE account on ETS' site, in the scores column it says "Absent or unavailable". Also I specified 4 colleges to send scores to. None of them is mentioned in my account details. Should I be concerned (about my test becoming invalid through some twist of fate)? Also, I haven't received a registration number. Should I wait for the paper reports for it? Have dropped ETS a mail regarding all this. They haven't replied yet.

By the way, I am satisfied with and grateful for my scores. Just want to ask if a 170 or 169 Q score weighs a whole lot more than a 166 for Engineering programs.

Thanks for reading.

Those are great scores, congratulations. You'll have no problem at the most competitive programs I think.

About the website, you just took the test yesterday. Give it a while. It takes from 7 to 10 days, just as they tell you at the testing center.

Those are great scores, congratulations. You'll have no problem at the most competitive programs I think.

About the website, you just took the test yesterday. Give it a while. It takes from 7 to 10 days, just as they tell you at the testing center.

Thanks for the encouragement. Much appreciated. May your words prove to be auspicious (learnt this word from Word Smart, hope I used it right :rolleyes: ).

Just got ETS' reply. They said the same thing you said.

RE: no institutions listed

I thought the same thing when I first went on ETS to check my scores. A couple of days later the institutions showed up. Still waiting (not so patiently) on the official scores though.

Congrats! Your scores are AMAZING!

RE: no institutions listed

I thought the same thing when I first went on ETS to check my scores. A couple of days later the institutions showed up. Still waiting (not so patiently) on the official scores though.

Congrats! Your scores are AMAZING!

I know a person who got a total of 339. Got into NUS with funding, then didn't join and is now doing masters from a local university in Pakistan. B)

Yes, my verbal score did amaze even me, as I kept getting 150-155 on most tests just 10 days before exam. My advice to anyone who is interested: Increase your vocab. I did only WordSmart I and II (roughly 1600 words) and it really helped. As for the quantitative, I never got lower than 166 on any practise test, and got 170 on about 4 or 5, so I would say that I am satisfied, not complaining, but definitely could have done better.