Suggestions on Schools to apply?- M.S. Structural Engineering

Cdcousin12345

Attend: a State school

CGPA 3.2

MGPA: 3.6

No GRE yet- lets just say if it's around Q: 730-760(old version) V:? W:?

1 year research experience in the structures lab at my school, under a well known professor(in this region anyway).

1 publication

Looking to do M.S. or M. eng

I have a few schools that are top tier that I will likely apply. However, my problem is finding a school that fits my stats as well as interests(I'm sure this is a common issue on here). UT Austin and UCSD are what fit my interest most, However, I may have issue's getting accepted.

Any suggestions on good programs, that are not the best of the best? it seems all you read about are the top 10-15 schools. I would like to go to the best program I can possibly get into, but I do not have superman stats.

I would appreciate any input. I have been searching this forum, trying to figure these things out for a while now.

At least take a good look at Univ. of Illinois (UICU) since they are not too far from you.

I have heard they have a very good program if you don't mind living in the middle of corn fields.

Maybe U of Missouri Science and Technology in Rolla as well.

Thanks, I will look into those. I'm willing to go anywhere but if it's close that's always a plus...Also, does anyone know anything about UC boulder's structural program? Would lehigh be a realistic option for me? or are they top tier as well?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in the same situation as you. I don't have top notch stats (3.5 MGPA and V156 Q159) and I'm finding it difficult to find schools that are the right match. I'm applying to Lehigh's M.Eng program for their unique curriculum. The average GPA of admitted applicants isn't too high either. I go to UCSD right now and I think you have a decent chance of getting in. From what I've heard there have been people with much lower stats that have gotten in.

Thanks! Lehigh is actually one of the schools that stood out to me so, I will probably apply there as well. Goodluck, and if you remember, let me know how it goes. If you don't mind me asking, what other schools have you decided on?