NSF EAPSI 2013

Pauli

Just heard back from Carter at NSF about the Japan offers.  He said that I may still get an offer "if someone else is unable to accept."  This implies that all Japan offers have gone out.  Guess I will just wait for the reviewer feedback and try again next year.  Congrats again to those who got one, and good luck to all the 'other countries' out there!

Hey gzahn, the EAPSI program is getting more competitive each year because more people are applying each time, and I also didn't get in the first year I applied.  But I discovered that the application process was much easier the second time around.  When the 2014 thread shows up, feel free to ask any questions on pointers and the alumni like myself will be glad to help out!

Congratulations to all those lucky scholars who have received their tentative offers! 

For those who received tentative offer emails for Japan last week, when you sent your "I accept" email before the deadline on Friday, did you get any follow-up/confirmation e-mail from either Carter or Elena? I replied on Wednesday - and I'm sure they're swamped right now - but I just want to make sure my email to them didn't fall through the cracks somehow. :)

To those still waiting in anticipation, good luck! Hope you have some good news coming your way soon! 

@Papasan&Coffee: I also replied right away and even requested confirmation that my response was received, but have had no contact back.  I expect they are just too busy sending out offers and everything else to contact us.  But it's good to hear that there's someone else in the same situation.

I got this info from Elena earlier this afternoon, AntClimbsTree.  Looks like they're going to send out the notifications to Singapore fellows before the Taiwan fellows.  Notifications for the Taiwan program is the most grueling since they are the last ones to know.

@CountingSeeds, thanks for confirming! It definitely makes sense they would be really busy right now with notifications. I'm sure we'll hear something again when it's time.

Looking forward to meeting the other fellows in DC this April (during cherry blossom season, what luck)!

I would like to share some advice to people who have not received any notifications recently and would like to inquire from the experiences of the EAPSI fellows from last year.  What you can do is to first make a phone call directly to Dr. Carter Kimsey (phone number at program solicitation).  After you reach her, introduce yourself and then inquire whether you are on the list of tentative nominees for the host country you applied for.  Then she may provide some additional information as to whether your chances are good or not.  That's what some of us did last year and how we were able to get our status a couple weeks in advance.

Hope this helps.

I got an offer for China too!

I also got an offer for China. If my fellowship gets confirmed, I'll be going to Harbin Institute of Technology. Has anyone else selected HIT as their host? I hope I'm not the only American there. :P