Transcript question

nugget3

When I was in high school, I took a summer art class at a local community college in order to get high school credit. Then, I went to university and got my BS in biology.

When application committees say they want transcripts from ALL schools attended, does this mean I also need to send in a transcript from the community college for the slightly irrelevant art class I took even before attending university? This class IS listed as transfer credit on my four-year university transcript, so I feel like sending the extra transcript from the community college would be gratuitious, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for your help!

Most don't want the transcript if the credit appears on your main transcript, but as Quant_Liz_Lemon said, every school is different. Usually they specify in their application instructions- if not, you can ask them or you can make a judgment call. If it's an irrelevant course to your grad program and appears on your main transcript, I'd probably default to not sending it unless their website states otherwise.

Every program where I am applying wants ALL original transcripts, even if transfer credit appears on another transcript. The stated reason? They say that they want to see "everything" you've done academically. Too bad that increases my application fees de facto because transcripts cost $$ to send... Ah, well, such is life ... !

Often the school specifies a minimum number of credits at another school (typically >9) that must be accompanied by a separate transcript. But - did you do well in the class? If in doubt - supply the transcript.