Minor(s): Political Science
Overall GPA: 3.1
Position in Class: Middle
Type of Student: Domestic, White

GRE Scores (revised/old version):
Q: 158
V: 160
W: 4.0

Research Experience: 2 years at top lab doing molecular biology work with very very large funding, but not a molecular lab. Independent research, and a possible publication this year, but not until after acceptances, so that doesn't help.

Awards/Honors/Recognitions: Just Dean's List

Pertinent Activities or Jobs: Lead a team of 25 for a retreat of 40 people. Organized and ran weekly meetings

Any Miscellaneous Accomplishments that Might Help: I can ride a bike. Ha, I have no idea. Nothing.

Special Bonus Points: Recommendations are very strong. Told by someone on admissions board at my school that one of my letters basically erased my bad GPA. 

Any Other Info That Shows Up On Your App and Might Matter: Upward trend on GPA. Very bad first year, last 60 credits, 3.4 GPA.

Applying to Where:

Purdue-Biological Science

University of Iowa-Microbiology

University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign-MCB

University of Illinois-Chicago: GEMS

Loyola-Chicago: Microbiology

Medical College of Wisconsin: Biological Sciences

SSPB site says LOR are accepted until today, so they will probably be meeting next week... it would be pretty awesome to be the first class of a brand new program.... only 8 spots available though. i'm hoping they did not receive a lot of applications

--ranting and raving because there has been no time to eat food yet today. almost done

Applied:(9) U Penn, Harvard, Stanford, UCSF, Tufts, BU, Georgetown, U of Chicago, Johns Hopkins Univ.
Interview (4/9) U Penn, Tufts (Immunology), U of Chicago (Immunology), JHU (Immunology), JHU (CMM)
Rejected (1): UCSF(BMS)
Accepted:

Hi,

Am wondring if anyone got an IV at UAB pathobiology molecular medicine PhD program. I have an Skyp IV on next friday.

If anyone have an experience at UAB, suggestions will be very appreciated.

Thnx in advance.

I've only got 4 schools left to hear back from. I'm assuming that at this point Columbia and JHU CMM are rejections since I havent heard from them by now, and I might be hearing from Weill and UCSD this week? Does that sound right?