UNC

juliesre

Just got back from UNC and another program (hence my silence on this board for the last few days). I was *very* impressed with the quality of the applicants they admitted - I bet they will get a fantastic cohort. On the other hand, I didn't feel like I connected quite as much with the faculty I was interested in working with there as I did at the other program I visited. I also got the impression that it would be difficult to get too much attention working outside demography and perhaps a couple other strengths - I got the impression that the grad student research presentations were representative of the strengths of the department, and Hamilton might be a lonely place for people with other interests. The grad students were not universally happy, although I

Just got back from UNC and another program (hence my silence on this board for the last few days). I was *very* impressed with the quality of the applicants they admitted - I bet they will get a fantastic cohort. On the other hand, I didn't feel like I connected quite as much with the faculty I was interested in working with there as I did at the other program I visited. I also got the impression that it would be difficult to get too much attention working outside demography and perhaps a couple other strengths - I got the impression that the grad student research presentations were representative of the strengths of the department, and Hamilton might be a lonely place for people with other interests. The grad students were not universally happy, although I

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks ewurgler for being considerate for the people on wait list. I am one of waitlistees and I am still waiting. Ewurgler, what is the deadline for accepting/ declining the offer? I'd like to learn about this so that I can estimate when UNC is going to send me an email.

Though you have declined the offer for some days already, I still don't have any reply from UNC. My nerves get on me and I just keep checking email...very sick indeed.

Thanks for your information in advance.