When to expect hearing back?

I applied to emerson, mgh, BU, and northeastern for SLP. Three of which used the CSDCAS. When should I expect ot hear anything back? Any sort of time frame? How do I check on the status of the CSDCAS schools?

I know it's early and most haven't even had their deadlines yet, but I'm already so anxious about it!

I applied to emerson, mgh, BU, and northeastern for SLP. Three of which used the CSDCAS. When should I expect ot hear anything back? Any sort of time frame? How do I check on the status of the CSDCAS schools?

I know it's early and most haven't even had their deadlines yet, but I'm already so anxious about it!

I'm currently applying as well--and to two of those schools! I've done a little research using the results page from last year and I saw that Emerson started notifying by mid-February and Northeastern by mid-March.

• 4 weeks later...

Just so you know, Northeastern didn't send emails last year telling us to check our portals. Some people thought they hadn't heard from them but had a letter sitting there in their online portal for weeks. Emerson seems to reject/accept in waves (some will hear in Feb some not till the end of March/start of April). Northeastern does not (or did not last year) put people on a wait list. It was either a rejection or a acceptance (some people did not hear anything and I assume that was their version of a "wait list"). Several other schools (St. Johns, UVA for ex) seem to have this method, so if you don't hear anything don't worry too much. Marquette sends out hard copy letters (old school style) for rejections, acceptances and wait lists and seems to send them all out at once (or at least within a few days of each other) so when you hear will be somewhat dictated by geography. Their wait list is ranked. I want to say I heard from Marquette, Emerson and Northeastern around the same time (early-mid March). Good luck! 

I heard from MGH in early March. They started by making phone calls to everyone who was accepted with a scholarship, then calling everyone who was accepted with no funding, and then a few days later they sent out hard copy decision letters to everyone who had applied.

I'm glad I have not applied to any CSDCAS schools then ... wow.  All of the schools where I applied do old-fashioned letters, emails, and phone calls (ALL three methods), including contacting for an interview.  The earliest notifications from these schools are March 15th.  Best of luck to you all! :-) 

I applied to several CSDCAS schools and also sent in multiple direct applications. Earliest I heard was late February (Iowa), got a call from MGH first week of March, and every other school sent out notifications between the 2nd and 3rd week of March.

Also, if I recall correctly, once CSDCAS has sent off your completed applications to designated schools, you're done with them, and just await correspondence directly from the school. I'd check out the individual school websites to ensure there isnt a separate profile you need to create directly with them in order to recieve notifications (Rush had something like this..). 

• 2 weeks later...

I checked out the history for decision notifications here - http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=speech&t=a&pp=250&o=d

When searching for the places I applied (Saint Cloud State University & University of Minnesota - Twin Cities), I got fairly narrow ranges (UMN: Feb. 20-22nd & SCSU: Mar 8-12).

Of course, now I have no idea what I'm going to do to stop from going out of my mind for the next month, so figuring that out may not have been the best idea.

I wish we were hearing back sooner. But after checking the bulk of last year's results, I think it's safe to assume that I won't be hearing back until the beginning of March (even though some deadlines were Jan. 15th). The timing is just SO unfortunate, because my birthday is around that time. The last thing I want is to be hearing bad news around that time.

Also, it's so long to wait!

I went online this morning in a fit of impatience to remind myself when the application deadlines were, so here's what I know:

January 10 - UNC CH

January 15 - ECU

February 1 - UNCG and USC

February 15 - WCU and ASU

So... since it is now February 2nd, I am starting the daily checks of my online status for those schools whose deadlines have passed.  The info session at USC told us that they start to review earlier than even the application deadline, so I am really just on pins and needles since that is one of my top picks.  I would be honored to get accepted to ANY of them, however, because I would not have wasted the $ on applying if I didn't really want to attend.  Maybe I will feel even worse after February 15th ... haha!  My impatience is growing rapidly!!!! 

I am also waiting on UNC and USC (as you know). I finished and submitted my application to UNC back on December 10th, so I'm really getting impatient!

My deadlines were:

UNC-CH: January 10th

Florida State University: January 15th
University of Virginia/University of South Florida/University of South Carolina: February 1st

I submitted all of my applications (aside from FSU) weeks before the deadline. I'm hoping that makes some difference in when I hear back. I doubt it though 

Edited by jmarti37

The GradCafe results board gives you a good idea of when you'll hear back.

UVA seems to notify acceptees at the beginning of March but keeps everyone else hanging--perhaps until some of the first-round acceptees reject their offer?

Boulder seems to notify acceptees and rejectees alike the third week of March.

• 2 years later...

TalkItOut_9, thank you sooooo much for including those dates in your signature line.  I know this is an old thread, but I am getting anxious already and wanted to have an idea of a normal range of dates for when I'd hear back.

1 hour ago, jazspeaks said:

TalkItOut_9, thank you sooooo much for including those dates in your signature line.  I know this is an old thread, but I am getting anxious already and wanted to have an idea of a normal range of dates for when I'd hear back.

Use this link and type in your school name and "Speech" in the search function to pull up acceptances and denials custom to each program that include dates, as well as stats of some applicants, if you click on the burgundy "diamonds."  

Or don't because it might make you crazy, lol, and just call the departments and ask (after first combing through their websites for the answer, of course)!

http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php

HI @dakota26, I haven't heard from Emerson yet either. However, their website says that they start emailing about interviews around the first two weeks of February. So hopefully, we get the emails about the interviews this week!