Mentioning gaps in educational history

Hello there

How important is it to mention gaps in ones educational career. Specifically, I gradudated from high school in 2004, got into an Engineering school (Electrical Eng) in 2004 and spent two semesters there (1 year) and then applied for transfer to a better engineering school in 2005.

My transfer wasn't approved so I enrolled as a Freshman. My query is that should I mention this in the application or it's not relevant?

Thanks

It doesn't sound like you have gaps. However, you will have to include transcripts from every school you attended and they will be able to figure out that you were in school during that year that may look like a gap on your last transcript. It should be fine. The only time that you may need to explain it is when they ask if you've ever transferred or if you want to account for poor grades, etc.

Agreed with PhDreams. Unless you were failing all your classes at your first school, it will just look like you transferred and had to make up some credits. I wouldn't call attention to it, unless the school explicitly asks for explanations of any transfers (which some do).