Stanford applicants

sing something

I applied to the Social area at Stanford and have not heard anything from them yet.  I'm assuming at this point that I have been rejected, because I likely would have heard from my POI by now if not.  I've seen people post about affective science, but has anyone heard anything from Social professors/interviews?

I applied to the Social area at Stanford and have not heard anything from them yet.  I'm assuming at this point that I have been rejected, because I likely would have heard from my POI by now if not.  I've seen people post about affective science, but has anyone heard anything from Social professors/interviews?

Social was notoriously slow last year, from everything I've heard.  My belief is that they have put out some feelers this year, but I wouldn't assume it's a reject just yet.

Thank you, Sing Something!  I don't know why it is that when I go through the Stanford site, I get the same error message as the other person (about not being able to create a new application, even though I was trying to return to my application), but when I use your link it works.

I emailed my POI last night, and woke up to a rejection letter unfortunately. My POI, in the affective science division, said they simply could not invite as many as they thought they could up to Palo Alto for the official interview. 

Good luck to the rest of you! 

Edited by psharp1289

I emailed my POI last night, and woke up to a rejection letter unfortunately. My POI, in the affective science division, said they simply could not invite as many as they thought they could up to Palo Alto for the official interview. 

Good luck to the rest of you! 

Ah! I'm sorry to hear that!

Any idea if that means all interview invitations for affective science have been sent?

Anyone else going to the Stanford Prospective's Weekend? I'm looking forward to it, should be a good experience. I wonder how many there are versus the number of spots.