2013 Applicants (Philosophy)

aglaea

I'm one of the Rices.  Very pleased to have an acceptance with funding!  The e-mail went out to the top 5 applicants out of 80+.  I'm leaning towards acceptance but still have more schools to hear back from.

It's not mine but I got the same email, just waiting for the phone call before I submit or celebrate anything.

I forgot to mention that I did in fact get accepted to Fordham with full funding ("Well duh," said the world), I went into the conversation with the idea of getting at least a hint about other admissions and waitlists but it seemed awkward and my mind was pretty blank during the conversation anyway.

I forgot to mention that I did in fact get accepted to Fordham with full funding ("Well duh," said the world), I went into the conversation with the idea of getting at least a hint about other admissions and waitlists but it seemed awkward and my mind was pretty blank during the conversation anyway.

Thank you for the information. And congrats! Way jealous of you. Are you thinking of taking the offer? And thanks for thinkin of us when askin about other admission :P

Is anyone on here with an acceptance to Virginia planning on going elsewhere? Especially anyone on the moral/political side? I'm hoping heavily for a move off the wait list and wonder if any such machinations are in motion...

Thank you for the information. And congrats! Way jealous of you. Are you thinking of taking the offer? And thanks for thinkin of us when askin about other admission :P

Thanks, I feel really lucky and humbled to have gotten an offer.

I'm still waiting on a few schools but most of them are implied rejections, so it seems like it'll be a choice between this and an MA with tuition paid at UChicago (and I'm heavily leaning towards the former).

Sophist -- would you care to share where you applied (and/or your results so far)?

Sure

Applied: Boston College, UChicago, Fordham, UT Austin, SUNY Stony Brook, Toronto (MA), Georgetown, and Northwestern.

Rejected: Northwestern and Georgetown (though UT Austin and Stony Brook seemed pretty strongly implied)

Accepted: Fordham, UChicago (MAPH with a full scholarship).

I literally had no good news a mere four days ago.

Can anyone claim the UCSB admit? I'd really like to know what's going on there. My application still says 'submitted.' Not sure what to reasonably expect at this point.

Seconded. Contradiction, I lost track actually, has UCSB sent out any rejections so far? Or just admits? 

Was that Oregon MA admit legit? The original e-mail said March 8th.

I received an email of acceptance to the MA program at Oregon (I did not report this on the results page, however). Still on waitlist for Ph.D. 

Edited by LawrencevonBuskirk

Anyone know how many applicants Columbia admits? I'm so nervous about this one.

I am one of the admits to Columbia and just got back from visiting their department (as I will not be able to make it in April during their official visiting time - I got to know about my admission on Monday).

When I asked this question, they answered that they're aiming for an incoming cohort of 6, and therefore admit 6-8 people per year.

I am still so excited about being admitted to Columbia! I thought I had it all just made up in my mind, but now, after visiting, I think I start believing it.

Also, I will decline the offer from UIC tomorrow - I hope it'll help someone being happy very soon!

Hmm, alright. I suppose bad news then. Congratulations though!

Bah, I'm still waiting on Oregon MA as well. It's looking like bad news since a few have apparently heard back acceptances through e-mail. I contacted the DGS the other day and he said that the decisions would be out before the end of the week. 

So there are Tufts results going out. There are a few notices posted on the results page, and a friend of mine let me know he got in. But I have no notice from Tufts, good or bad, emailed or on the application website. Anyone else?

EDIT: Apparently the notifications that have gone out are "unofficial" notices sent out by the head of the department. Official notices from the GSAS will be going out later.

Edited by xaelyn

There's a Ph.D. result posting for Oregon that reads "Rejected off waitlist." Does anyone have any idea what this means?

it was a mistake. the grad secretary accidentally sent rejection notices to part of the wait list.