Mistakenly uploaded unofficial instead of official transcripts

gobeavs

I've applied to Masters programs that required me to upload scans of my official undergraduate transcript. I mistakenly uploaded unofficial versions of my transcript and submitted my application. Most schools will request official copies later if my application is accepted. 

Do you think the distinction between official and unofficial copies in electronic scans are that important? I don't know how rigid graduate-level admissions requirements are. Thanks!

Technically, an "official" transcript becomes unofficial the second you open it because you are breaking the seal. Therefore, no one's uploaded transcript can be official if that's any consolation. If you're nervous, I would go ahead and ask. I would think that whatever you uploaded will suffice, but that's just my opinion.

I second psychapplicant. No such thing as "official transcript" the second you open that envelope! Plus, some programs make a big deal out of the watermark on official copies because they are too large and jam printers lol. I don't think it's a big deal, but call and ask! Best of luck!

Most programs I've researched also require official transcripts to be sent prior to enrollment.  If you are scanning them in for the application, technically they aren't official because you can see them (and potentially alter them before scanning).  I wouldn't worry about the scan, but I would double check after you are given admission (and you accept the offer) to see if you need to re-send any transcripts.  

Just mail them with the attachment saying this is the official one. They'll upload it for you. I did the same since I didn't get my official transcripts for a while. They immediately uploaded them after I sent it in and emailed back with a confirmation.