Emory

bertiek

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything from Emory. From looking at the results survey history, those invited to interview should be hearing any day now. Anyone else anxiously awaiting that news?

I have an international trip for work coming up, and I can only stall on buying the plane tickets for so long, so I hope we hear (from everyone..) soon!

Same here! Last year the notification went out on 1/10 for visit day so they are a bit behind. I have heard from another emory program with visit weekend happening 2/7-9. So if Sociology has something similar that would be nice.

I think Emory is going to be a stretch for me anyway. The director was apprehensive about me (re)applying this year with my GRE scores not getting better after taking an expensive course and the exam a 2nd time. I'm not great with exams but the rest of my credentials (including my MA) can kind of balance that out. I'm hoping they'll take a chance on someone with lower scores but I'd understand if they don't.

I haven't heard anything either and have been expecting to hear something or see something on the boards soon. I e-mailed the grad office to ask about timing of offers, but no one responded. Let us know if you hear anything. 

You should both post your general stats (GPA, degrees, undergrad and/or MA university  GRE score, etc.) for people who are looking into Emory and want to know if it is doable. Since you got in, no one will judge you if one of them is low or such. ;) 

Congrats to all who got invites!

A little bummed now...a LOT actually. I guess I'll keep refreshing but it doesn't look good.

Agreed. But it will be fine. Let us know if that refreshing works in your favor. :)

Edited by erinvechols