PhD Program Decisions?

ashsw

Wondering the same. It's the last school I'm really anxious to hear from. Good luck!

I finally emailed  UNC yesterday. The response was that they had made some decisions and may make some more and that they should be done in a few weeks. Hopefully we will hear soon. Good luck to you too! :)

on a wait list at Rutgers- the director of the PhD program just informed me! While I am happy I am not rejected I dont know what to make of my chances...she said that they are only taking 5 people this year and thus the process was very competitive.....and that they will let me know by April...any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me what their funding packages look like? I am still waiting to hear back from Florida State 

I was accepted to Arizona State with full funding (e.g. tuition waived, living stipend, and Research Assistantship). 

After I saw that acceptances were out I emailed the DGS who wrote back a couple of days later saying I was not accepted...so if you have not heard back your not in Im guessing...but email the DGS na...that way you will know for sure

How long was the funding offered for? I am just curious about what the average is!

Keep in mind that ASU offered me  very "unusual" package. A few colleagues who applied to asu last year, were not offered nearly as much as they  offered me. It may be due to an increase in funding this year...but who knows :-/. 

At WashU they offer students a base stipend of $18,500 plus full tuition coverage and health insurance per year for four years. They say you can earn more doing research or teaching assistantships, of course.

I was offered an NIMH pre-doctoral fellowship through the school that gives me a stipend of $22,000 (instead of the $18.5k) plus full tuition coverage, health insurance, equipment/software allowance, and travel/conference allowance per year for three years. They said after the three years the fellows are picked up on one of the faculty's research projects and their stipend is paid for out of the grant money and that can usually be in the low $30ks per year. The tuition and health insurance I assume are covered under the base coverage that everyone receives.

So in short, tuition is always covered, health insurance always provided, and at least $18,500 per year for living expenses. You can make more by applying for fellowships or doing assistantships.

I heard from UNC--I did not get into the MSW/PhD program but they did admit me to the MSW.

Congrats, JazzHands! Its a top 10 school. Getting in to either program is an accomplishment! You also never know what will happen if you do attend their MSW program. If you connect with faculty and focus on collaborative and independent research, you may open up the PhD door while you are there!

So I am far away from applying to a PhD program but I am starting at UIC in the fall for my MSW. I know I eventually want to get my PhD, does anyone have any advice they can share? Things they wish they would have done differently while in graduate school?  :)  I would really appreciate it!