notification on weekends??

fromperth

Everything gets messed up when you're in a completely different time zone from the schools you're applying to. I don't think I'll be up at 3am constantly refreshing my inbox, fortunately.

PS. I wondered if some schools would send out auto-replies at 00.01AM about application decisions, fortunately it seems as if most stick with office hours...

I wondered if some schools would send out auto-replies at 00.01AM about application decisions, fortunately it seems as if most stick with office hours...
Give it time, I remember last year people posting in the results that notices arrived at all unkind hours of the morning.

I realize that since I have received notice from two of my schools already, this may seem pointless, but....

I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't check my email (obsessively) or application statuses until February. I wanted to give my self some time to just not think about it. It was really working well since I kind of forgot about them. I'm still keeping my promise for the other schools though.

However, while writing this post, I'm getting anxious about those other schools and now I want to go check them! (I mean...what if they need something from me?)

Will power don't fail me now!

Hey Kwest!  We bonded in the chatroom the other night.  Well, you have more will power than I do.  I told myself I would give it at least a week - and then I had a major freak out and sent an email tonight.  Tell me if you think this is a good sign.  The assistant to the comp committee emailed me to say that they were reading my application.  My transcripts hadn't arrived.  So, she told me to email my unofficial transcripts.  I scanned and did so within the hour.  She wrote back and thanked me for answering so quickly.     She then said I could email her with any questions or concerns.  Do you think that is a good sign or just standard operating procedure?

I heard back from one of my programs today with an offer of admission. I was totally not expecting it on MLK-day, but there you go.

That is wonderful.  It gives the rest of us hope!

The assistant to the comp committee emailed me to say that they were reading my application.  My transcripts hadn't arrived.  So, she told me to email my unofficial transcripts.  I scanned and did so within the hour.  She wrote back and thanked me for answering so quickly.     She then said I could email her with any questions or concerns.  Do you think that is a good sign or just standard operating procedure?

imho I think its a good sign! They'll be able to look at your complete application instead of waiting for the official transcripts which means they can come to a decision faster. ^_^ I hope you hear from them soon with positive news!

imho I think its a good sign! They'll be able to look at your complete application instead of waiting for the official transcripts which means they can come to a decision faster. ^_^ I hope you hear from them soon with positive news!

Thanks Kwest! I need every bit of encouragement I can get!