notification on weekends??

fromperth

Why did I see this post...

(If you need me I'll be refreshing my inbox)

I know, sorry!!!! But it probably doesn't happen too often, it's fine to go outside for a few minutes

I got an email for a phone interview yesterday...sorry!

Presumably they're sorry since some people haven't heard anything yet? so not really a "sorry about getting contacted but sorry you haven't heard anything yet"

That's my guess.

Presumably they're sorry since some people haven't heard anything yet? so not really a "sorry about getting contacted but sorry you haven't heard anything yet"

That's my guess.

I'm sorry because this thread was started by someone who was hoping to be able to relax on the weekends instead of obsessively checking emails. So I'm sorry to contribute to continued vigilance even on the weekends.

I just got an unofficial acceptance from a POI...it sat in my email inbox for over 3 hours because I was so sure I wouldn't hear anything today. Why am I a little angry with myself? :huh:

...I told myself that after business hours, I would not hear any news.  I was sure of this.  I calmly told myself "psh, who's going to be sitting in their office, sending out interview invites and acceptances after 5:00 pm or on weekends?"  I believed in this, held tight onto it.

And now.  This thread happened.

Yes, it is still an unusual practice.  But I shall forever be waiting on pins and needles into the wee hours of the morning and throughout the weekends because a few people have been notified at these odd times.  

Refresh refresh refresh refresh...

I had an unofficial e-mail from a POI this weekend too; but if I looked back at most of my e-mails from POI they usually e-mailed either on weekends of after 10pm - maybe the only "free" time they have? Still, we have to pause the crazy sometimes - right? That's why I started taking yoga again, to give myself a few hours a week in which I absolutely could not reasonably check my phone. Basically I'm treating it like time-out for neurotic adults. If weekend are enough disincentive to stop obsessively checking your email, stick with it, otherwise I highly recommend tying oneself into a human knot for awhile.

...I told myself that after business hours, I would not hear any news.  I was sure of this.  I calmly told myself "psh, who's going to be sitting in their office, sending out interview invites and acceptances after 5:00 pm or on weekends?"  I believed in this, held tight onto it.

And now.  This thread happened.

Yes, it is still an unusual practice.  But I shall forever be waiting on pins and needles into the wee hours of the morning and throughout the weekends because a few people have been notified at these odd times.  

Refresh refresh refresh refresh...

I got my acceptance a few minutes after midnight. Sorry!

I realize that since I have received notice from two of my schools already, this may seem pointless, but....

I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't check my email (obsessively) or application statuses until February. I wanted to give my self some time to just not think about it. It was really working well since I kind of forgot about them. I'm still keeping my promise for the other schools though.

However, while writing this post, I'm getting anxious about those other schools and now I want to go check them! (I mean...what if they need something from me?)

Will power don't fail me now!

I just got an unofficial acceptance from a POI...it sat in my email inbox for over 3 hours because I was so sure I wouldn't hear anything today. Why am I a little angry with myself? :huh:

That is wonderful!  Congrats!  Why don't you sound elated about it?  Do you know what the rest of us would do for an unofficial acceptance?

That is wonderful!  Congrats!  Why don't you sound elated about it?  Do you know what the rest of us would do for an unofficial acceptance?

Thanks! I'm really excited, I just keep reminding myself that it's not official until I get THE LETTER.

...I did allow myself to do the happy dance, though :)

carlton-dance-gif.gif?w=320

Thanks! I'm really excited, I just keep reminding myself that it's not official until I get THE LETTER.   ...I did allow myself to do the happy dance, though :)   carlton-dance-gif.gif?w=320
I am so sorry! I was trying to +1 you not -1... I LOVE the happy dance! I am so excited for you!

I'm sorry because this thread was started by someone who was hoping to be able to relax on the weekends instead of obsessively checking emails. So I'm sorry to contribute to continued vigilance even on the weekends.
I just didn't want you to be sorry you got an interview, Congrats!!!