UCSD/UCLA- Experimental/Clinical

kmurrin

Quite confused about these two. I've been seeing people get rejections and interviews here and there but I have yet to hear anything from either, in either direction. Am starting to feel invisible! Anyone getting this feeling, or have any news to share?

:(

Hey kmurrin,

I was also rejected from UCSD this morning, but I heard from my POI about three weeks ago that I hadn't been interviewed. 

Like you and freecube, I have not heard anything from UCLA either, but hopefully we hear something today/tomorrow. Is there anyone on this site that has info for UCLA, perhaps that they have certain days interviews are sent out, etc.?

kmurrin, if you still haven't heard anything from UCSD after today, I would contact the grad committee, as you should have heard something, regardless of positive or negative by now.

kmurrin, if you still haven't heard anything from UCSD after today, I would contact the grad committee, as you should have heard something, regardless of positive or negative by now.

thanks. yeah, I'm very confused to say the least. Especially because I've been in contact with the department before to make sure my application was complete... very strange

Hey everyone who's asked about UCLA - I got an email about a week ago saying a decision had been made, and the website notified me I had been rejected.  I saw on the results page that a bunch of people go the same email on the same day with rejection notifications.  So, if you haven't heard anything, that's probably good news.

I'm on the same page with Berkeley, where I haven't heard anything and many people have been invited to interviews or rejected.  I am assuming that I am on a low-level waitlist - they haven't outright rejected me, but I probably won't hear anything unless a bunch of people don't accept.  It may be the same with you guys for UCLA, but I wish you the best!

Thanks for that info, and that glimpse of optimism! Quick question though -- was this for clinical or cognitive? Your information says you applied to social programs, and these may have very different admissions strategies, even in the same department. 

According to the results section here, someone said that they were rejected from the clinical program because they did not receive an interview invite? Can anyone else with knowledge here expound the situation?

Thanks

i second this. I still have not heard one way or the other from UCLA. SDSU gave me the expected rejection Friday, and I was anticipating to hear from UCLA the same day, because their clinical interviews start feb 7th and they said all notifications would be sent 2 weeks in advance. not holding out hope though...