Has anyone heard from MIT EECS?

sandle123

Looking at the number of acceptances this year so far, it's comparable with the total number of acceptances last year. While that isn't a definite indicator, it gives me somewhat less hope of an acceptance having not received one yet.

(Yes, I have been obsessing over this a bit. Sigh.)

I agree with nickspoon. Called the admissions today, but no answer on the app status. The agent told me though, that the decisions will be uploaded by Feb 15? May need to check on that.

If I don't hear back anything by tonight, ill just expect a rejection!

I agree with nickspoon. Called the admissions today, but no answer on the app status. The agent told me though, that the decisions will be uploaded by Feb 15? May need to check on that.

If I don't hear back anything by tonight, ill just expect a rejection!

same here. called the admissions office today. they said the website will be updated by/on 15 Feb. No info about the app status though.

Found out about Grad cafe today. Was feeling optimistic until reading his thread and seeing the results page :(

Ah well, it will be over when I see the official rejection. And if so, such is life.

if you look at the stats of one of these acceptances added today, you will see that GPA = 3.25.

I have never seen / heard / imagined someone being accepted by MIT EECS with this GPA. And I think I will sever see / hear / imagine.

Think about it. If you were accepted with such a GPA, would you not add some comments at least? Maybe something like "ohh, my GPA is low, but I have 2 pubs, 3 REUs, blah blah blah".

Do NOT be so naive. There is always one person somewhere who enjoys making people feel miserable and hopeless. Do NOT believe in everything you see.

And what about the entry with "Accepted via Postal Service"? Please check the previous years. I looked through the previous 3 years and there is no such a thing as accepting someone via PS. If you look carefully, you will see that only the people who were waitlisted received something from MIT (either waitlist notification or acceptance from waitlist) via PS. 

This brings me to the following conclusion: this "one" person (yeah, all these entries are submitted by one person I believe) is stupid.

Edited by mhmtmtl

We will most likely all get the rejections via the website at the same time. But I understand your frustration.

Oh indeed, I expect so. I just think that even MIT should, if they say they're going to post results on the 15th, post results on the 15th. I would like to get on with my life, and my other applications, please!

From the previous years it looks like they send out a few (very few) acceptances after the initial e-mails (which usually come the Thursday and Friday after the 'roundup'), and two weeks after that, the rejections get posted. So my guess would be next Friday for the mass rejection postings.

did anybody read the latest poster in MIT results? The person says he called MIT and the results would be out next week and says that the college claimed the applications are still being reviewed and only few lucky persons got the admit. And the results maybe delayed till march 1. We just can't believe what is going on. Whether to hope or prepare for defeat or to move on itself is a big dilemma here :-( :-(