Has anyone heard from MIT EECS?

sandle123

I wrote back in November and got back what I assume was a form letter. ".....This is a highly competitive process and good luck with it." Thanks, I will need it.

I'm interested in Demaine..... I emailed him to express my interests but no response... 

I wouldn't worry too much about this.  A few of my friends took a class with him and had trouble with him getting back to e-mails then.

I saw one fellow got admitted to the MIT Electrical Engineering PhD. Are they giving out admission results as of now?

I wonder these notifications perhaps from the professors unofficially, not sure though.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw several MIT EECS acceptance notifications today in the results page. 

I believe there is a possibility that these posts are spam/misleading/lie. 

Can anyone confirm the receipt of an email notification from MIT EECS?

Please note that MIT is closed today due to snowstorm. Therefore, I think that all the MIT results posted today can be spam.

The information about snowstorm is given at the MIT main page.

Edited by mhmtmtl

Not sure, but seems legit to me. Remember that they have their openhouse by the end of Februrary, and their final roundup was last Friday. Acceptance decisions will probably go through out today and next week. They're just sorting out financial aid matters for sure.

MIT results link:

http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=MIT+CS

In any case, an admissions office sending out emails under snowstorm does not seem realistic to me; especially when the university is closed at that day.

The admission decisions from yesterday are most probably legit though.

Edited by mhmtmtl

In any case, an admissions office sending out emails under snowstorm does not seem realistic to me; especially when the university is closed at that day.

The admission decisions from yesterdas are most probably legit though.

The admissions office may be closed, but that doesn't mean they can't send out emails. I've heard of people receiving acceptances over the weekends, so I don't know that the admissions committee would necessarily wait until a work-day to send out decision notifications.

Edited by dat_nerd

The admissions office may be closed, but that doesn't mean they can't send out emails. I've heard of people receiving acceptances over the weekends, so I don't know that the admissions committee would necessarily wait until a work-day to send out decision notifications.

I hope so. Waiting till now has been hard enough. However, there have not been any MIT results on the results page for a while now. I hope the notifications would arrive late today/at the weekend.

If those posts be true anyway, I trust most of the notifications are coming on next week! I will be waiting for the moment, though my expectation for acceptance is near zero. May God help us......

Edited by msr420