What to wear to on-campus interview?

crazystat

I feel pretty safe stating that, for men, unless your interview is at McDonalds, you NEVER wear jeans to an interview. Maybe I'm old fashioned (I throw on a sports coat and tie for class presentations), but it is a safe bet that someone with whom you are going to meet is old fashioned as well. At a minimum you should wear khakis and a button down shirt. I would throw a coat and tie on over that.

For a recruitment day I would call / e-mail the event planner (probably the grad coordinator) and ask "What is appropriate attire?" Who knows what they have planned to sell their department to you... an impromptu game of touch football in a suit is not fun.

Good luck!

I feel pretty safe stating that, for men, unless your interview is at McDonalds, you NEVER wear jeans to an interview. Maybe I'm old fashioned (I throw on a sports coat and tie for class presentations), but it is a safe bet that someone with whom you are going to meet is old fashioned as well. At a minimum you should wear khakis and a button down shirt. I would throw a coat and tie on over that.

For a recruitment day I would call / e-mail the event planner (probably the grad coordinator) and ask "What is appropriate attire?" Who knows what they have planned to sell their department to you... an impromptu game of touch football in a suit is not fun.

Good luck!

Thanks man. Maybe I should email the coordinator, lol. Especially for the recruitment day, it will be a whole day.....