Quiet Appreciation

MDLee

I got some by post, but I print out the emailed ones, and then take them to my boss (I work as an editorial assistant). He marks all the grammatical and usage mistakes and typos in his signature blue pencil, then writes "FAIL" and a frown face at the top, and gives them back to me. I have 7 of those bad boys hanging up and while I never though I would chuckle at my collection of rejection letters, I do!

Do you get the rejection letters printed? I thought rejections were only emailed....

I haven't received any rejection-letters via email. And I haven't received any acceptance-letters through the mail. I guess that's what you call 'complementary distribution'.

I got some by post, but I print out the emailed ones, and then take them to my boss (I work as an editorial assistant). He marks all the grammatical and usage mistakes and typos in his signature blue pencil, then writes "FAIL" and a frown face at the top, and gives them back to me. I have 7 of those bad boys hanging up and while I never though I would chuckle at my collection of rejection letters, I do!

* laughs * Excellent.

Aw, just when I was seriously about ready to have a nervous breakdown from waiting on my two top choices, I came across this forum and it made me kind of misty eyed! I definitely have you guys to keep me periodically sane and insane, depending on what someone writes. :) My family doesn't understand any of it, but they are supportive, so that's good. As for Vegas, I am totally up for painting the town red and maybe even sending my rejection (s?) into outerspace on a rocket of some sort! This waiting is driving me absolutely bonkers...

Do you think your boss would be interested in a little contract work? I could sure use a collage of blue "FAIL" marked email print-outs. :)

• 1 month later...

That's such a brilliant idea. Kudos to your boss. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I like the vegas idea, the arson idea, the desert fire idea, and the quilt idea. the collage of rejection letters sounds fun too.

I guess everyone feels good to know they are not alone.

PS. I made a promice to myself to post my result (accept/decline) oh this site before I tell anyone about it.

I like the vegas idea, the arson idea, the desert fire idea, and the quilt idea. the collage of rejection letters sounds fun too.

I guess everyone feels good to know they are not alone.

PS. I made a promice to myself to post my result (accept/decline) oh this site before I tell anyone about it.

Isn't it funny how quickly we could all become like family on here? In fact, I trust most the people on this board to understand my travails with this process than my real family! LoL!