Wenner Gren 2013

boomer

We should hear this month the results of the first cut. I'm not sure how many percentage-wise makes it to the second round. My husband made it last year to the second round, but didn't get the fellowship. 

According to their website, about 50% of applications make the first cut:

• Stage One: Applications are screened against the General Criteria for Evaluation. All applicants will be notified as to whether or not they are successful at this stage, generally 3 months after the deadline. Approximately 50% of all applications are successful at this stage

• Stage Two: Successful applications are sent to an external panel for academic review. Applicants will be notified within 6-8 months of the original application deadline. Approximately 33% of Stage Two applications are successful

I'm already planning my reapplication.  I just want to get some feedback at this point.

Edited by jennyb

• 1 month later...

No budget revision request here, ferret.  Was it a revision request or did they request information about what other funding you've received?  Because I know the latter is a very good sign.  If they've asked about your other sources of funding, it generally means you're being seriously considered.

No budget revision request here, ferret.  Was it a revision request or did they request information about what other funding you've received?  Because I know the latter is a very good sign.  If they've asked about your other sources of funding, it generally means you're being seriously considered.

No, jennyb. They only asked to eliminate the part, which I do not expect them to cover, but included to show that I do take it into account and expect it to be covered from other sources. So I guess they just revise the budget before sending the project to external commitee to make sure that generally speaking this project is doable in terms of funding--so that they do not have to make people read the whole thing if it does not fit in general.

• 2 weeks later...

The past few years, they've notified rejections and likely funded folks on Mondays and Tuesdays around the 9th of April.  The official acceptance comes soon after by mail.  My guess is it'll be in the next 10 days or so.  Can't come soon enough! I just want enough time to reapply, if need be.

• 2 weeks later...

Not in spam this time, but from funding decision.  If you get the almost certain acceptance email, it should come from funding review.  How many reviews do people usually get?