Wenner Gren 2013

boomer

I got the processing your request - no need to reapply next time email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craftylandshark, do you know how likely it is to get this kind of an email and not be funded in the final decision?

Does anyone know what score a proposal needs to receive in order to get the fellowship? The e-mail I got today says applications are ranked on a scale of 1 (good) to 5 (not fundable). I'm seriously considering resubmitting but am wondering how far my score is from the general cutoff (which I imagine varies from year to year?).

Thanks!

From others that have gotten it, it's basically a certainty that you get funding - they just need more info on whether you've gotten funding from other sources so they don't duplicate expenses that are covered from other sources

Hum, I wonder why they stay so reserved then in telling us so. They keep saying that the final decision will be made in a few weeks so that they do not tie themselves by the promisses. I wonder what this thing is that make them be reserved in giving the promisses even with a stipulation that they will not cover the same thing if it is covered by the other organization.

hi all! new to the talk, but really uncertain of how to read my email from funding review that arrived today, they asked for a clarification of budget, other sources of funding and at the end it says "there's no need to reapply for the May 1 deadline"  what do you guys think?  

hi all! new to the talk, but really uncertain of how to read my email from funding review that arrived today, they asked for a clarification of budget, other sources of funding and at the end it says "there's no need to reapply for the May 1 deadline"  what do you guys think?  

Hi Palomita, this is exactly what we are discussing now :) Read the posts above. I did not have anything about clarification of budget in this email, but I had a separate request earlier.

Edited by ferret

Anything from funding review is happy news!  As far as I know, everyone who gets one of those emails receives the funding.  There's a slight possibility of non-funding if every single person eligible has no other funding, but I think that's a fairly rare occurrence.

I'm interested in the score issue as well, SarahKat.  Did people who received the funding review email also receive a score?

Anything from funding review is happy news!  As far as I know, everyone who gets one of those emails receives the funding.  There's a slight possibility of non-funding if every single person eligible has no other funding, but I think that's a fairly rare occurrence.

I'm interested in the score issue as well, SarahKat.  Did people who received the funding review email also receive a score?

I did not receive any score.

Hi Palomita, this is exactly what we are discussing now :) Read the posts above. I did not have anything about clarification of budget in this email, but I had a separate request earlier.

thanks! that's what I found different, in February I got an email asking about my need of working visa in the States, but nothing about funding and now the funding clarification email which seems a little late to be asked. But i'll answer asap and wait for the good news! 

I'm also curious about the score! I received the same score this time as I did my last application, although my reviews were drastically most positive. I wonder how this is calculated... 

Hi all! I've been following this conversation, but this is my first time chiming in. I'm just wondering if those who received the budget request emails today were asked to submit a comprehensive budget that included their Osmundsen budget (that is, if you applied for the Osmundsen, of course). Just curious...

Smadge, yes I did receive a request for a merged budget. And ferret, I believe people were starting to get confirmations by snail mail about a week after "needn't reapply" emails. 

Smadge, yes I did receive a request for a merged budget. And ferret, I believe people were starting to get confirmations by snail mail about a week after "needn't reapply" emails. 

snail mail - lol :)

Edited by ferret

Thanks, Frings.

Good luck to all still waiting for something conclusive!

I also just got my hard copy official approval letter from WG! I just want to offer some advice for people who have to reapply. This was my third submission, you have to be persistent. Address the comments of the reviewers as best you can, do not blow them off. In my comments, all of the reviewers stated that I had addressed the previous concerns really well. Also, unlike NSF, based on their comments, it seems that the same reviewers got my proposal again this time around - so really do not reformulate your project because you think that the reviewers just didn't get it, but address their concerns and comments. Clarify as best you can and if you do, in the words of Leslie Aiello in the president's response I got, "it [will] all be worth it in the end!"

Did anyone else receive additional requests for budget clarifications after their "needn't reapply email"? I've already responded, but in case W-G has further questions, I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into how one should strategize with these? (e.g. Would I increase my chances by revising my budget down?)