Univ. of Washington waitlist

Anyone else besides me get waitlisted?  They're only taking 12 ph.Ds this year.

Also does anyone know how large these waitlists normally are?  If there's a low chance of getting off of it, I'll probably just accept UW-Madison's offer (unless I get into Berkeley) and be done with it.

Edited by sidneysamson

Can't you just wait for a little while? I don't think you're under any obligation to make a decision till April 15th. Plenty of schools haven't yet made decisions, along with the fact that some people will need to take some time to decide where to go.

Also, UW's visitation day is March 1st. Plenty of people won't want to decide till they visit, and some visitation days are after that, some even extending till April. So it could be a while till a spot comes through, but that doesn't mean it won't happen.

Nope I didn't post.  But yes I got an acceptance letter yesterday.

Also I wonder if I got waitlisted because I sent in one of my recommendation letters incredibly late (professor was slacking).  They reviewed my app after they'd already sent out some acceptance letters.

Edited by sidneysamson

I just got an email from UW that I am on the waiting list. They said, "All I can tell you is that you are on it and we consider you to be very well qualified for our program." Did you get the same email?

I also got an offer from other program, but I will wait for UW's decision even though it takes a while because it's worth it. UW's program is very strong and attractive. I recommend you not to accept UW-Madison's offer in a hurry and to wait until April 15th.

Nope I didn't post.  But yes I got an acceptance letter yesterday.

Also I wonder if I got waitlisted because I sent in one of my recommendation letters incredibly late (professor was slacking).  They reviewed my app after they'd already sent out some acceptance letters.

Are you a domestic or international student? I'm wondering because they seem to send out international news before domestic news, and I'm still waiting on results.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2013 at 1:10 PM, sidneysamson said:

Anyone else besides me get waitlisted?  They're only taking 12 ph.Ds this year.

Also does anyone know how large these waitlists normally are?  If there's a low chance of getting off of it, I'll probably just accept UW-Madison's offer (unless I get into Berkeley) and be done with it.

On 2/4/2013 at 2:16 PM, haywse said:

I just got an email from UW that I am on the waiting list. They said, "All I can tell you is that you are on it and we consider you to be very well qualified for our program." Did you get the same email?

I also got an offer from other program, but I will wait for UW's decision even though it takes a while because it's worth it. UWash's program is very strong and attractive. I recommend you not to accept UW-Madison's offer in a hurry and to wait until April 15th.

Do both of you get wait listed by Washington's biostatistics or statistics? Phd program of master program?

I got wait listed by their biostat phd program.... I heard about it in mid January. There are also some other people who also got waitlisted by their biostat phd.

If you all get waitlisted by biostat phd. Then, I would say they really put a lot of people on the waitlist, because there are at least five just on this forum.

• 2 weeks later...