EECS Berkeley Fall 2013

NithinG

Hey all,

I applied for EECS Berkeley.

My profile:

- Dutch nationality

- MSc Aerospace Engineering (with distinction) - Delft University of Technology

- 9 month research project at NASA Ames ACES group

- publications: only MSc thesis, but no formal papers as of yet (is in the process)

- reco's: one from NASA Ames advisor, MSc thesis supervisor (knows me three years), and course professor who is a well known guy in control   

- work experience: NLR (dutch aerospace laboratories), MCT (a contractor of NASA Ames)

- GRE: Q/V/A = 165/157/3.5

As of yet, no invitations for interviews. I saw somewhere else on the forum that everyone shortlisted gets an interview.

Only applied for UC Berkeley (too late for others). Am I screwed already?

cheers

It doesn't necessarily mean that no interview call implies a reject. I personally know people who have had admits from EECS Berkeley without any interview whatsoever. But the number of such people can be hand counted. So, all in all just wait and watch without giving in to any pre conceived notions. They generally hand out decisions within Feb 10th. So, a day or two of waiting and you get to know your decision. All the Best!

Edited by Anit Sahu

I spoke with the secretary of one of my POI, she told me that the faculty do not get involved in the application. This I find hard to believe.

That's true for Berkeley.

This is really ridiculous, how can they make a sound judgement of my application and past work!

You are right, it is indeed ridiculous and it's not true also. For each research area, group of EECS professors serve on the admission committee. I was also interviewed like two weeks back and have not yet heard. I was told that they are going to rank students and offer them admits. This process takes about two weeks or so. Note that interview is NOT compulsory for admission. Last yr my friend got a fellowship without being interviewed. There are more students who are admitted without interview then with it. I hope the results will be out soon. Best of Luck !!!

Hmm i just realized that I never got submission email. However the website does state that my application has been submitted. What does this mean? Anyone else who also did not receive a confirmation email?

Hmm i just realized that I never got submission email. However the website does state that my application has been submitted. What does this mean? Anyone else who also did not receive a confirmation email?

Don't worry, I just looked and I never got one as well. Only recommendation confirmation emails. They must not send them. Never noticed while applying though...

Edited by mca16733

I guess now that acceptances have been sent, seals the deal. I would take no mail to be a reject :-(

i too feel that UCB results are indeed out and over now !! It would be heart breaking to see a reject email (though it might be well written) ... 

i spoke with one of the people from the department, they said all decisions will be made by march 1st.

Really? wow they're taking so long I was waiting their response 2 weeks ago. If I'm being rejected I want to know right now. Also you have a great profile I don't hink you will be rejected, you actually made me feel bad about mine lol. By the way, if you don't mind getting in without funding, Riverside still has their applications open, and I think UC Davis also accepts late applications.

Really? wow they're taking so long I was waiting their response 2 weeks ago. If I'm being rejected I want to know right now. Also you have a great profile I don't hink you will be rejected, you actually made me feel bad about mine lol. By the way, if you don't mind getting in without funding, Riverside still has their applications open, and I think UC Davis also accepts late applications.

Lolol, i feel the same way when I see others! Everybody is so good there!

I cant afford getting in without funding, thanks for noticing me!