2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

I applied there as well and haven't received anything at all. I called about 2 weeks ago and they said they had a ton of apps coming in from CSDCAS and that they were about to send them over to the department for review. I called just to make sure they received my app ok, which they did.

Thanks for the info, good to know! 

Well I thought it was going to be a calm week because I figured based on the results that were posted last year that I would receive nothing until next week at the earliest. Now I just looked and somebody has already posted a wait list for one of my top choice schools, so the decisions have been mailed out early. Eek! It's going to be a long few days...

Thank you! I'm trying to stay positive, but doubt is creeping in, especially considering that out-of-fielders have heard back.

Sigh.

It didn't seem like too many people had heard back, and none of them were official acceptances. Don't lose hope yet!

Well I obviously check my online application status everyday lol, just curious if other's MGH apply yourself application says, " Complete:ready for review."

I haven't heard anything from MGH - still waiting! Very nervous ... I will let you know if I get any updates!

Well I obviously check my online application status everyday lol, just curious if other's MGH apply yourself application says, " Complete:ready for review."

Wow, forgot that ApplyYourself for MGH existed since it was mostly through CSDCAS.  Mine says "Application complete for review."  Looks like mine was officially completed on 2/20/13, though I turned everything in on time (sigh...CSDCAS).

Wow, forgot that ApplyYourself for MGH existed since it was mostly through CSDCAS. Mine says "Application complete for review." Looks like mine was officially completed on 2/20/13, though I turned everything in on time (sigh...CSDCAS).

I just wanted to make sure lol... Obviously I am over thinking wondering if it should say under review? My app was complete on February 6th. I feel so left out hearing nothing thus far this week lol...

Edited by hopefulslp88

I just wanted to make sure lol... Obviously I am over thinking wondering if it should say under review? My app was complete on February 6th. I feel so left out hearing nothing thus far this week lol...

Hey Hopeful!

Anything from Hofstra or Adelphi yet? This is such torture! I was looking at admission results from last year and seems like some people were getting responses around this time to mid march!!! 

Do you have any idea of how competitive it is?

It's one of the more competitive schools in FL, but not as much as UF or FIU from what I've heard. I think in FL, UF is the toughest to get into, FAU is the easiest, but then again... getting into ANY grad program in SLP is hard these days! I'm not sure what FSU is looking for or how many students they accept, but since its such a large school I imagine they must take more students in than a smaller school like FAU. I got rejected from both schools last year, so here's hoping for the best!!

It's one of the more competitive schools in FL, but not as much as UF or FIU from what I've heard. I think in FL, UF is the toughest to get into, FAU is the easiest, but then again... getting into ANY grad program in SLP is hard these days! I'm not sure what FSU is looking for or how many students they accept, but since its such a large school I imagine they must take more students in than a smaller school like FAU. I got rejected from both schools last year, so here's hoping for the best!!

Good luck!! I'm not sure what they're looking for exactly, but I'm really hoping to be accepted. The campus and program looked so wonderful.

Hey Hopeful!

Anything from Hofstra or Adelphi yet? This is such torture! I was looking at admission results from last year and seems like some people were getting responses around this time to mid march!!! 

I have heard absolutely nothing from both schools...:(

Also, have you heard anything about the competitiveness of USF? I noticed you applied there as well. 

Also, have you heard anything about the competitiveness of USF? I noticed you applied there as well. 

Its a very competitive program as well, but I think FSU is a little tougher. I'm in my last semester of a 2nd bachelors in CSD in USF's online program... I don't know if that will help my chances either, but I sure hope so! Good luck to you too, maybe we'll end up as classmates! ;)

Some people are posting on the admissions thread that they have received e-mails for interviews to West Georgia .  I am hoping that schools stagger their e-mails.  Anyone know anything about it?  If I didn't receive one today, does that mean that I am out for that school?  

USF is super competitive. FSU is even worse. I know someone who had a near 4.0, was told they'd get in, attended as an undergrad, and was still rejected. When I heard that story, it made me realize how messed up FSU and the graduate school process can be. Also, you are more likely to get in if you're bilingual, especially in Spanish with a 3.2.

USF is super competitive. FSU is even worse. I know someone who had a near 4.0, was told they'd get in, attended as an undergrad, and was still rejected. When I heard that story, it made me realize how messed up FSU and the graduate school process can be. Also, you are more likely to get in if you're bilingual, especially in Spanish with a 3.2.

For every story like this though, I feel like there are additional circumstances. Low GRE, poor program fit, etc. I haven't heard that either school is impossible to get into, but they are looking at more competitive applicants. That, and they get a lot of applications per year.