Fulbright-Hays DDRA 2013-2014

cm125

our rep said she hopes to send out results tomorrow.  apparently there was some confusion with the results and she's waiting for clarification from the DOE.  

bizarre.  

eec,

did your rep say more about the "confusion with the results" and what the DOE is needing to clarify???

i was notified that i'm an alternate so if there is any issue with the DOE having confused or gotten the results wrong, that is really quite worrying!!

hi hmmm,

you know, i'm not sure what the confusion was, only that there was some.  i got my rejection email today - solidarity hugs all round & big congrats to those who got the "good email"! - and from what i could suss out, it seems that my university was given a list of "principle candidates" and "alternates," with no mention of the rest of us.  gee thanks, DOE.  ;)

our absence on any list was probably the confusion. 

hope you get the go-ahead soon!

eec

don't lose all hope! no one at my uni has heard... and while i doubt we all will get grants, it just seems too weird that NONE of us would.

though i admit my general experience is they hussle to tell winners and take their time with the rest of us.

this sucks.

Edited by padthai234

hell, i'm still hoping that the DOE, in their confusion, will have just momentarily forgotten that my name was SUPPOSED to be at the top of the "principle candidates" list. ;)

It is now the weekend, I have to assume that those who received the grant have now been told and those in my situation who have not heard anything must wait until next week to receive the, thanks but no thanks email.

i am reposting this from the wiki jobs/fellowships thread... tho deep down i agree with you

"9/20 noon EST. Keep the faith folks! It seems they do it university by university. It's a clusterfuck of a system, but don't make it personal. I'm still waiting too and trying to keep my mind off it. People who have heard and disclosed on here and GradCafe have been of all stripes- accepted, rejected, and alternate- so I think it's an institutional thing and not a selection one"