Fulbright-Hays DDRA 2013-2014

cm125

I received my notification last year on September 10, from the F-Hays contact person at my university.  The deadline last year was 14 June so about ten days later, which may have an effect on notifications.

My guess is no earlier than first week in September, but that is still just a guess.  Good luck getting through August!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the solidarity, Hoppi.

Of course you know that I was secretly hoping someone would show up here and say "Results will be announced Monday!" or something equally unlikely.

I know! I also come here hoping to find that someone will have posted some news either from their school administrator or from Washington about when the results will be announced.

I know! I also come here hoping to find that someone will have posted some news either from their school administrator or from Washington about when the results will be announced.

Same here!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I looked back at the thread from last year and notifications went out to campus reps on September 7th, which was a Friday.

So, might it be safe to predict notifications next Friday, September 6th?

Alternatively, doesn't anyone have concrete information about notifications???

There are sure a lot of people keeping an eye on this thread...

I asked my F-Hays contact person and she said she was told September but did not receive a particular date.  As someone who applied last year and ended up an Alternate I can say that people were notified starting Sept. 7 but I did not receive word until Sept. 10.

Also the application deadline last year was about 10 days later, so the decisions could be handed down earlier.

Yikes!

Someone posted this recently on Academic Jobs Wiki (http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/Dissertation_Fellowships_2013-14):

"I just received an email from my program coordinator saying that all award winners at our institution would be notified by this Friday (8/30/13). Hopefully that helps!"

Only "all award winners" will be notified first? You would think that universities would let everybody know at least on the same day, unless they also just get a list of award winners from the DOE. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Holiday weekend = bad timing for this, huh?

Most administrative offices at my uni close early on Friday before holidays.

This may mean a wait until Tuesday...

(assuming that today is actually the day, of course)

(edited only to correct typo!)

Edited by Elli389

I think it must be the week.

But I'm guessing it might not be until Friday - they sent out notices on Friday last year, anyways.

Why Friday? Perhaps this is so people can't start calling them to ask questions right away?

Me too! Which is why I've been looking here way too often...

You'd think that among all of these scores of people that are also checking in here, someone would have a shred of information for us?

I checked with my rep again today; she said she's received no new information.  The only other option is to contact F-Hays directly.  

It can't be long at this point since grants go active Oct. 1.

our contact at my university just wrote me back.

no word yet.

oh, the agony of waiting!

looks like we're not going to find out anything this week either, huh?

Edited by eec