Fulbright-Hays DDRA 2013-2014

cm125

@colorfulcat that is a very interesting suggestion... i am actually curious now because if we are ALL from the same damn school that would suggest something funky is up. but if we're all from different schools maybe we're just all at programs who got the sort end of the stick in terms of response time?

blah.

Okay, I'm going to post this to give us all a tiny sliver of hope. From the Fulbright-Hays Q&A.

22. When will students be notified whether or not they have been selected?

The review process for DDRA Program applications is lengthy and multi-faceted, so announcement times may vary. Regret letters are sent to the institutional applicant usually in February or March. Candidate status is announced usually in April and as late as September. It is the responsibility of the institution to inform students of their status. The Department does not inform students directly. Awards are issued between April and September.

And that's on the normal timeline. My institution has historically done really well on Fulbright-Hays and I think it's unlikely that not a single person at my University got it this year, so I'll hold onto that.

Edited by colorfulcat

Although the timeline is different this year the quote that colorful cat cited makes it sound like notices are not sent all at once and sent randomly whenever the individual application process is finished.

Edited by haysdays

hey everyone - i just called the FH office, and unfortunately ALL award notifications went out the 17th. so if you're school hasn't heard anything it's because it's not getting any awards (according to Stephanie in the office)

If anyone is still reading this, has anyone heard of any alternates getting upgraded??? I am/was an alternate but I never heard anything from DOE since I was first notified about that (and I tried e-mailing and calling)...

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, after multiple attempts to clarify what was going on with the DOE (I was an alternate), they finally got back to me saying all the awards have been allocated. I really hope they send our reviews/scores back asap, at least.

I gave up all hope, contacted my rep asking for confirmation that I did not get it, only to get a response that he knew I got an award before government-shutdown but waited to let me know because my budget was significantly reduced. I suspect he is still waiting for a clarification from DOE.

Varodai, wow really? I wonder why they reduced the budget? What area was it for?  This entire month has been pretty frustrating. Government shutdown or not, the DOE needs to be more professional about letting candidates know promptly whether they got the award or not.