Dear admitted, have mercy. -the waitlisted

Going Insane

How did you all hear about Chicago? 

By which I mean, is there a way to check application decision online?

I heard from an e-mail I received on Friday night.

My online application status has not changed from "submitted" so it is unlikely that they have updated the system yet.

Hey y'all,

I don't know who was admitted to Religion and Modernity at Duke - I don't specifically remember meeting anyone at the prospective weekend but that may have just been because I didn't sit near them.  I actually applied in R&M originally, but they moved me to Christian Theological Studies (where I was accepted).  I'll be accepting Duke's offer and have withdrawn from the Moral Theology interview at Notre Dame.  I wrote the ND folks early in the week hoping that they would be able to invite someone else for the interview weekend.       

Hey y'all,

I don't know who was admitted to Religion and Modernity at Duke - I don't specifically remember meeting anyone at the prospective weekend but that may have just been because I didn't sit near them.  I actually applied in R&M originally, but they moved me to Christian Theological Studies (where I was accepted).  I'll be accepting Duke's offer and have withdrawn from the Moral Theology interview at Notre Dame.  I wrote the ND folks early in the week hoping that they would be able to invite someone else for the interview weekend.       

That's very nice of you. I'm sure you made someone very happy.

Do you know why they moved you to another track?!

Hey y'all,

congrats.  i wish i was the one receiving your interview but i haven't heard from nd!  duke is fantastic, all the best!

Hey y'all,

Congrats!

hey everyone, i'm waitlisted at boston college.  he basically said they sent out offers to 17 people hoping to enroll 12.  Their waitlist is about 6 and I'm right in the middle.  Here's praying some lucky ducks have somewhere else as their #1!

Theo-Be: hey everyone, i'm waitlisted at boston college.  he basically said they sent out offers to 17 people hoping to enroll 12.  Their waitlist is about 6 and I'm right in the middle.  Here's praying some lucky ducks have somewhere else as their #1

Theo-Be, so their wait-list is ranked? I wasn't sure how that worked. So, its it 6 people on the waiting list for just your area? 

Edited by Neem217

Theo-Be, so their wait-list is ranked? I wasn't sure how that worked. So, its it 6 people on the waiting list for just your area? 

I could be confused about the # on the wait list.  i apologize if i'm mixing up the #s (i still don't understand why you'd extend 17 with an enrollment hope for 12) but i did speak to him yesterday.  what he said is that it's not ranked by area just ranked.  so say two from systematics and one from NT drop then someone who's from ethics could still get in.  did you receive waitlist word?  are you ethics?  good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Just to give people a heads up, I will be turning down three programs in systematics today. I hope that opens some things up. Feel free to PM me if you want to know about whether it is a program you are wait-listed at. 

Pax

• 2 weeks later...