Help me! - Applicant to the MPA Prgram Harvard

Canukgirl

I applied to the MPP program initially. The I got an email from the admissions director, stating that after review of my expirences and academics, I may be better suited in the MPA pool (which does require more expirence and course work similar to the MPP already completed). I accepted their offer to be considered to MPA instead.

Now, I KNOW this does not mean anything good for certian. BUT he obvioulsy looke at my credentials, so would they even bother with someone that they were not going to consider? Or is this just normal application procedures for everyone???

I know I am being lame right now...but I can't help it...I'm sooo nervous!

I applied to the MPP program initially. The I got an email from the admissions director, stating that after review of my expirences and academics, I may be better suited in the MPA pool (which does require more expirence and course work similar to the MPP already completed). I accepted their offer to be considered to MPA instead.

Now, I KNOW this does not mean anything good for certian. BUT he obvioulsy looke at my credentials, so would they even bother with someone that they were not going to consider? Or is this just normal application procedures for everyone???

I *think* (and hope for you) it is a good thing. My friend had his application transferred as well (in another discipline), and was accepted into the new program. Good luck! :)

It is probably a good thing - he saw something in you worth keeping even if you were not a match for his department. Just remember that the MPA program has a different admissions committee (might be some cross-over) and a different applicant pool, so nothing is guaranteed.

I applied to the MPP Program at Harvard as well. However, I kinda wish I applied to the MPA program but I dont have the "four graduate courses" similar to the MPP courses. But I do have a Graduate Certificate in Homeland Security (18 Graduate Hours) and at least 5 years of work experience. I kinda hope the same thing does or can happen to me. Or maybe the MPP was meant for me I guess. Just have to wait and see. :D