Haven't heard from... well, lots of places

Columbia's director told me in an email that they were entirely done notifying except for rejections and then apologized for this taking so long.

Edited by cicada123

U Florida is really annoying me. A week ago I was told that I would receive an e-mail this week about my application. Nothing all week. So today I e-mailled the graduate coordinator. No reply. I saw someone on here post they called the department and received information, so I called around 1:30 PM. The secretary told me the grad coordinator forwarded her my e-mail. She also said all decisions have been made, and it's just a matter of notifying applicants. She said she would check my file and then e-mail me back right away. STILL NO REPLY. 

I don't understand why they can't get it together and just notify everyone?! 

Sorry, just needed to vent.

I just want all the decisions to be made, so I can decide what I'm doing with my life.

This is how I feel! I'm only waiting for ONE LAST official rejection from Indiana. They sent out acceptances and waitlists a while back, so I'm totally reconciled to the fact that I didn't get in. And even if (by some strange turn of events) I did get in at this point, I would almost definitely choose UNC. But it feels weird to make any official decisions before everything is all neatly squared away. Come on, Indiana! Just do it already!

Columbia's director told me in an email that they were entirely done notifying except for rejections and then apologized for this taking so long.

A friend who goes to Columbia heard that they got an insane number of English submissions this year. Apparently it was way, way above the norm.

I'm still waiting on Penn State like many of you. I never anticipated getting in anyway.  

Chicago Loyola looks like a no, but I've heard nothing and have no means of being certain. 

Ole Miss is a bit of a mystery: from what I can tell, no one has heard from them yet. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Chicago Loyola looks like a no, but I've heard nothing and have no means of being certain. 

I suggest contacting Loyola Chicago (probably via email) to find out about your status. Last year, a number of applicants on the GC Results board and Forum complained of having never gotten a response from them (even after April 15). 

I suggest contacting Loyola Chicago (probably via email) to find out about your status. Last year, a number of applicants on the GC Results board and Forum complained of having never gotten a response from them (even after April 15). 

I've actually tried already--twice. If I hear nothing in a week or so, I'll write again. But I've seen some acceptances at LC already. I feel like I can safely assume that I've been rejected. C'est la vie.

Anybody heard about the MA from UI Urbana-Champaign? There was an MA acceptance back in January, but that's the only thing I've heard about.

Hey gradschoolwannabe: I was accepted into the PhD program at UIUC, so I don't know about the MA. However, UIUC is having their visit days for prospective grad students this week. Maybe you could contact the department?

Florida, Ole Miss, and Alabama: Come on! Tell us something, ANYTHING! March is flying by... soon it will be April. 

Scary accepted post in the results for UFlorida today.  :(

Yeah, from all the info on the forum, looks to me like I didn't make Florida's MA cut. Lame. 

That haven't actually sent notifications though... people have been calling in. 

I still havent heard from a bulk of schools. Uflorida uwashington uhawaii georgia state and nyu. I mean i know i wont be going to the uf uh and gsu for sure but the other two i just want to know before i make my final decision!!

Still waiting on Penn State, Colorado, Missouri, and Louisiana State. Penn State tends to send late rejections, I know, and at this point I'm not holding my breath for anything otherwise. I have no idea what is going on with Colorado. They notified some PhD acceptances and rejections a week before I got most of the offers I received from other programs. They're basically out of the running, anyway, even if I get an offer, but it would at least be nice to know! Louisiana State seems to have just started notifying, so I'm not too worried about them. But Missouri? They gave a couple fellowship offers in early Feb, it seems, but beyond that--silence. Surprising, too, because when I completed my application I received an email stating I would know my status by March 1.

Oh well. At this point, I'm choosing from offers to programs that are better than (with the exception of PSU) what I'm still waiting on.

Finally heard back from NYU today. Rejected from their PhD (as expected) but admitted to their MA program. It's unfunded and I won't be accepting, but it's better than flat-out rejection, I guess.

Still waiting to hear from Maryland, Columbia, and Indiana.

FINALLY heard back from Florida. I am "high up on our wait list." I am pretty sure the department thinks someone notified me of this status before today, and that when I was asking about my status, they thought I was asking if there's been movement on the wait list. 

What a disorganized department.