Haven't heard from... well, lots of places

Emailed three programs today. This process is boring me to the point of madness and if I'm going to be rejected, then I'd prefer to get it over and done with. 

Heard back from two that have already sent out acceptances: the wording of the replies fell along the lines of "your application is under review and a decision is forthcoming in late February or early March"and, in the case of Brown,  "Your application is complete and a decision will be forthcoming." 

I'm going to dispense with a close reading of these.

That last line made me LOL--sorry if that wasn't your intention, but I related to the sentiment so much. Argh! But thank you for sharing the responses you got, anyway. I haven't heard anything from Brown yet, either. I wonder if they'll have a waitlist.

This is so frustrating. . .I'm trying to believe it's the unofficial waitlist option, especially with someone of my school's rejections showing up on the forum. . .

Pending:  UTexas Austin, Brown, UMich, Cornell, UPenn, Rutgers-New Brunswick, Penn State, UVA, UNC-Chapel Hill

Accepted: 0/11

Waitlisted: 0/11

Rejected:  Vanderbilt, Princeton

Upenn has a status check website, you should have a pin number and a username already.

Is that different from the application website? Because that, like the websites for all the other schools' apps I've seen, just tells you whether your application is missing anything and when you submitted it.

Out of the 19 places to which I applied, I have gotten a rejection from one place- but haven't heard anything from ten other places that have already sent out acceptances. Super depression emerging.

Is that different from the application website? Because that, like the websites for all the other schools' apps I've seen, just tells you whether your application is missing anything and when you submitted it.

https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=upenn-g 

This is the website and after you log in, there is a message center at the left side, this is where we should receive notification of decision, hopefully good ones :)

Thanks, Rose.  Back to staring at a screen and continuing to test my all-Pretzel M&M diet.

Hahaha! Let me know how that works. Maybe you can get a book deal out of it!

That reminds me of a moment in Romy and Michele's High School Reunion, AKA one of my favorite movies of all time. I tried to find a good GIF or YouTube clip, but unfortunately this is the best I could find: http://www.flickr.com/photos/20985903@N05/4202293749/.

UT-Austin Comp. lit. sent an e-mail asking for my transcript, they said the uploaded file is not viewable ? Anyway, I'm frustrated that while I'm waiting impatiently for their decision, they're still "in the process of reviewing my application". It seems that there'll be no end for that. Does anyone know if this is a good or a bad sign?  

Rose Egypt,

It's got to be a good (or at least not bad) sign if the Ad Comm wants to see your transcripts.  If they were planning to reject you on the basis of your cv, your GRE scores, your Letter of Intent, or anything else, then they probably wouldn't be bothering to ask for a better copy of your transcripts.

Rose Egypt,

It's got to be a good (or at least not bad) sign if the Ad Comm wants to see your transcripts.  If they were planning to reject you on the basis of your cv, your GRE scores, your Letter of Intent, or anything else, then they probably wouldn't be bothering to ask for a better copy of your transcripts.

Thank you blakeblake, I'm so relieved with your comment. UT is my favorite place ever. I hope I get in  :rolleyes: and you too ...

Rose Egypt,       It's got to be a good (or at least not bad) sign if the Ad Comm wants to see your transcripts.  If they were planning to reject you on the basis of your cv, your GRE scores, your Letter of Intent, or anything else, then they probably wouldn't be bothering to ask for a better copy of your transcripts.
I second this emotion. It could be the case that they need a visable transcript before the graduate school allows them to make an official offer.

UT-Austin Comp. lit. sent an e-mail asking for my transcript, they said the uploaded file is not viewable ? Anyway, I'm frustrated that while I'm waiting impatiently for their decision, they're still "in the process of reviewing my application". It seems that there'll be no end for that. Does anyone know if this is a good or a bad sign?  

I had a similar thing with OSU, which really only cleared up this Tuesday. When I first called about the issue, I was told that it was a "good sign" they wanted a better copy of my transcript. Most acceptances and rejections and even waitlist notifications have already gone out for OSU though... ahh so painful!