has anyone heard anything from columbia or nyu?

dddoodle

for NYU, put in my application in september and heard back 10 days later.. they email you your admission status is ready, and then you log into your account and view you admission decision letter.. mine had an academic scholarship listed in the acceptance. there are a ton of other people in other threads who already heard, too.. usually 2-4 weeks within submitting and it being complete it seems! i did not apply to columbia.

goodluck!

It took me 8 weeks to receive an acceptance from NYU with a scholarship- I think my app may have been mixed up somewhere because I heard about 10 or 11 days after calling to inquire since they say it's usually a 4-6 week waiting period. (So it was quick after I called.) I haven't heard from Columbia yet, though I haven't expected to because they sent an email back in December I think saying they typically send out decision letters in early March. You may want to call NYU to check on your app.

just wondering if anyone else has applied/heard from/ got an interview with columbia or nyu for the MSW program. I haven't heard of anything, and am starting to wonder when i will!
Hi! I was just accepted to Columbia - I applied on 12/18. They sent me an email telling me my admission decision was ready to view and directed me to sign into the application website. No information on funding yet but they need a decision by 3/30 with $400 deposit. Good luck, hope you hear today too!

I'm still waiting to hear back from NYU - I applied on 1/4, but my application wasn't marked complete until 2/1. Hopefully I hear back soon and it's good news. It says my application is currently under review, but the wait is killer!

For those who were accepted into Columbia, when did you submit your application?  And did they call, email or send a package?  Starting to get nervous.....
I submitted my app around December 20th and received an email that directed me to log in to my application portal to view my decision online. Good luck!

I applied to NYU, my app says it was complete on 1/16 but I still haven't heard anything! I emailed there last Thursday and they said that a faculty member signed out my application to review on february 20th so just keep checking my online status... I am freaking out! What could possibly take that long? Hoping my app was forgotten about or misplaced... Anyone else still waiting?? 

I applied to NYU, my app says it was complete on 1/16 but I still haven't heard anything! I emailed there last Thursday and they said that a faculty member signed out my application to review on february 20th so just keep checking my online status... I am freaking out! What could possibly take that long? Hoping my app was forgotten about or misplaced... Anyone else still waiting??

They emailed me that my application is incomplete but the app system shows its complet one 1/4 !!! Speechless

still waiting on NYU!  i called there today and the woman said an 8 week waiting time isn't unusual.. i'm thinking it can't mean anything good. I have a week and a half to deposit at USC so I am really hoping NYU will hurry up! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!

I applied to Columbia, NYU, & Hunter.... got accepted into columbia, had an interview with hunter (and awaiting a final answer), and I still have not heard from NYU !!! I'm interested in the clinical side of things and all of these schools have strong programs so I don't know what I will end up choosing!

• 3 weeks later...

This wait is making me go nuts! Has anyone else heard anything?! Its been about seven weeks since my NYU profile was updated to "complete and in review" so I thought I'd hear back by now!!!

Hi! Just came across this forum.

I submitted my applications to Columbia, NYU, and Hunter all at/around their application deadlines (Jan 3, Jan 12, and Feb 4)

Columbia: submitted application Jan 3, got accepted Feb 21

NYU: submitted application Jan 12, accepted Feb 12

Hunter: submitted application Feb 4, interviewed March 19, accepted April 2

From what I gather though, the schools' response timelines don't seem to be uniform across the board for their applicants. For instance, I had to extend response deadlines for Columbia (once) and NYU (twice) while I was waiting to hear from Hunter. But a couple of other prospective students I interviewed with at the group interview at Hunter had applied to the same schools, but for some reason for NYU they still had until the end of March. And then of course Hunter seems to have been accepting students since February, yet they aren't finalizing all their decisions until May 1! It was a pretty frustrating experience.

still waiting on NYU!  i called there today and the woman said an 8 week waiting time isn't unusual.. i'm thinking it can't mean anything good. I have a week and a half to deposit at USC so I am really hoping NYU will hurry up! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!

did you apply for the two year program or advanced standing? 

• 2 weeks later...

Found this forum yesterday, it would'vt been of great help earlier...

I've sent in all the documents within deadlines (MSW Two Year programs), got accepted to NYU in the beginning of February and to Columbia in mid-March. The deadline for accepting the latter offer has passed, but they are still waiting for my decision... I think I'll go to NYU, they give me a scholarship (saving money for my parents) and I didn't like Columbia's general attitude... Plus the Columbia students I tried talking to were either super unhelpful (speaking of student ambassadors) or didn't get back to me at all.

Meanwhile, I haven't heard back from Uni of Toronto and McGill turned me down - where's the logic in that =)