Canadian SLP applications thread!

Inny

Congrats SLP_to_be!!! Great for me too as a spot is opening up at UT so my fingers are still crossed that I make it in off the waitlist :)

Congrats to all that got into UofA too!

Hi guys! 
I created a Facebook group for everyone attending UofA next year! I thought it would be nice to get in touch before September. Here's the link!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/564388076926791/

Can't wait to meet everyone! :)

Edited by Speechie2013

I just got accepted off of the wait list for Western! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear! I'm sure you will hear good news soon!

Congratuations on your acceptance off of the waitlist! Do you know if the wait list was ranked and when the deadline was for accepted people to make a decision? I'm on a waitlist for UBC for Audiology and it's my only chance :(. I can't stop stressing!

Congratuations on your acceptance off of the waitlist! Do you know if the wait list was ranked and when the deadline was for accepted people to make a decision? I'm on a waitlist for UBC for Audiology and it's my only chance :(. I can't stop stressing!

Thank you! And yes, I think it was ranked but I wasn't sure of the deadline for people to accept. Western just said they would contact people on the waitlist in late April.

And I know how you are feeling, it's really hard to wait and not know but don't give up hope!

Thank you! And yes, I think it was ranked but I wasn't sure of the deadline for people to accept. Western just said they would contact people on the waitlist in late April.

And I know how you are feeling, it's really hard to wait and not know but don't give up hope!

Thanks for the reply! UBC doesn't have a ranked wait list; they reevaluate the applications as spots open up. Not sure if this is good or bad! They said that they contact most people at the end of April and after that keep the list open until August. Good luck in the Fall! :)

I accepted my offer at Uoft. I got wait listed at western. Those are the only schools I applied to. Now I'm thinking about housing for UofT in the fall. Anyone interested in being roommates?

Edited by Ultrarez

olleieal congratulations!   Do you know where were you on the wait list at Western? I am anxious to hear something positive from Western too:-)
olleieal, also, did they call you or the offer was on the web?
Thanks! And they told me I was in the top third on the waiting list. And she called to offer me admission, the offer on the student centre still says waitlisted. And good luck!

Hi guys! 

I created a Facebook group for everyone attending UofA next year! I thought it would be nice to get in touch before September. Here's the link!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/564388076926791/

Can't wait to meet everyone! :)

A couple 2nd years have joined :)  Hope that's alright - we're literally just flies on the wall.  BUT, if you need anything - just let one of us know.  We'll be extra helpful come midterm/finals time (our 2nd years definitely were for us! Our facebook group was awesome for that)...... and also when you start getting tons of emails in September.  We'll help you out!

Hey All, I just want to let you know that I got accepted to U of A today!! I got the e-mail this afternoon. So don't despair, they are still making decisions. Best of luck!

Congrats!! I was just curious if you could post your stats please- thanks :)

Of everyone going to McGill next year, has anyone actually heard from the department yet? I created my student account and have that all set up but haven't heard a word since then. Just wondering if I'm the only one?

Does anyone know if all the UofA acceptances went out last week as the department had said they would? Have all of you heard from them?

No, I have not heard anything yet either

Edited by FingersX

I got a phone call from U of T this morning. I was accepted off the wait list. She said I was the first person she talked to! Some of you should be hearing soon!

I got a phone call from U of T this morning. I was accepted off the wait list. She said I was the first person she talked to! Some of you should be hearing soon!

Congrats! Do you have any idea when the deadline to accept was? UBC's was the 6th (deposit the 12th) so I'm crossing every finger to be accepted from their waitlist...this is killing me!