Speech Pathology - Texas Schools

Ahh I used the wrong term haha I have a fever right now so I am going to blame it on that!! They do their admissions in waves until their program is full. So they might send out the first wave next week and give them 2 weeks to respond. Then they would send out the second wave and give them two weeks to reply and so on until all available spots are filled. I got rejected the first week of may last year.. So it went on for a while!

Ahh, ok, I see! Well hopefully both of us are in the first wave =) *fingers crossed* 

And yikes, you didn't hear from then until May?! Wow... talk about stringing a person along.

I'm just really anxious to hear back from schools since I got rejected at my undergrad university. I'm feeling really discouraged at this point. I feel like it's all just a numbers game. =/

Anyway, I'm blabbering! lol. Thanks for the info and I hope your fever breaks soon!! :)

I just posted this in the other 2013 admission thread:

Well the result board wont let me post for some reason... But I just got waitlisted by Texas Woman's University... But I am excited to at least be waitlisted because I was rejected last year... My friend that attends there was on the waitlist last year and got off of it so there is HOPE! I just talked to her and she said the program director asked her about me, so that is positive! Anyways. Here is to hoping I get in at Texas Woman's because I wouldn't have to move or start a long distance relationship with my boyfriend! :D

Yeah, Texas State took forever. I had a classmate get in at the same time I got rejected though.. So if you don't hear anything at first don't loose hope! I highly doubt I will get into my undergrad UNT because so many people apply and they really look for high GRE scores which I don't have. I would love to go there also. I would love to have the chance to go anywhere!!! haha

Katieliz456, thanks for letting us know about Baylor!  I was starting to wonder about them...  I really don't know a ton about the program, but I did my undergrad there (out-of-field) and loved it.

Katieliz456, thanks for letting us know about Baylor!  I was starting to wonder about them...  I really don't know a ton about the program, but I did my undergrad there (out-of-field) and loved it.

The SLP program seems great! I'm applying for Summer 2013, so if I get in I would actually be done around August/September 2014 =) Our last semester is an externship that can be done anywhere, which is sweet! Is Baylor one of your top picks?!

The SLP program seems great! I'm applying for Summer 2013, so if I get in I would actually be done around August/September 2014 =) Our last semester is an externship that can be done anywhere, which is sweet! Is Baylor one of your top picks?!

Nice!  I'm applying for Fall 2013.  Haha, I don't think Baylor will be one of my top picks, but I just visited OU today (which I thought would be last on my list) and liked it, so who knows!  My top choice going into this was Vandy, but I got wait-listed (I saw you got in, congrats!) so if I get accepted off the list that will probably be my first choice.  Is Baylor one of yours?

Nice!  I'm applying for Fall 2013.  Haha, I don't think Baylor will be one of my top picks, but I just visited OU today (which I thought would be last on my list) and liked it, so who knows!  My top choice going into this was Vandy, but I got wait-listed (I saw you got in, congrats!) so if I get accepted off the list that will probably be my first choice.  Is Baylor one of yours?

Yeah, it's gonna be tough for us to decide by the 15th! I will most likely not be attending Vandy, so perhaps that will work in your favor ;) I REALLY like all of the schools i applied to lol, so once I know my options for sure, I will have to re-crunch the numbers and sleep on it for a few days to decide.

Oh! And apparently Baylor is closed for Easter from Good Friday through Monday 4/1, so I'm hoping that means we will hear tomorrow!!

Yeah, it's gonna be tough for us to decide by the 15th! I will most likely not be attending Vandy, so perhaps that will work in your favor ;) I REALLY like all of the schools i applied to lol, so once I know my options for sure, I will have to re-crunch the numbers and sleep on it for a few days to decide.

Oh! And apparently Baylor is closed for Easter from Good Friday through Monday 4/1, so I'm hoping that means we will hear tomorrow!!

Haha, I think I'm going to need several people to decline to have a chance...

And I forgot about Baylor's Easter break!  Keeping my fingers crossed that we hear tomorrow!  Good luck!

Hi guys,

I'm applying for speech-path programs and I was wondering if anyone had heard back from schools such as, Baylor, TCU, ACU, Texas State, Texas Women's University, UNT or Stephen F. Austin?

Also, has anyone heard good or bad things about any of these programs in particular? Thanks!! :)

Texas State sent out their first round of acceptances two weeks ago, second round will be this week, third round next week. They keep doing rounds until the program fills up from people responding yes. Their communication is terrible, though - btw. GOOD LUCK!!

Holy cow, what is taking these schools so long? Nothing from Baylor today. Did anyone else hear anything?

And SpeechyKelly, I hope you hear soon too!

I called Baylor late this afternoon because i was sooo anxious! They said the dept sent their decisions to the university's grad admissions, and we might not hear until Tuesday 4/2 :( :( 

So happy to have found this thread!! I'm an out of state applicant. I was wondering if any of you have heard anything about/from Texas Tech? I have been keeping up with previous posts- does everyone who applies get an interview there? thanks so much guys- and congrats to those who have been accepted so far!! :)

Congrats on your offers from Oklahoma and UT Dallas! I am on a waiting list made of 15 people for UT Dallas. I live in the area and take care of my dad in my home, so applying out of state isn't an option. If you decide not to attend, please let UT Dallas know as soon as you can-and I really hope you get in at Vandy!

Congrats on your offers from Oklahoma and UT Dallas! I am on a waiting list made of 15 people for UT Dallas. I live in the area and take care of my dad in my home, so applying out of state isn't an option. If you decide not to attend, please let UT Dallas know as soon as you can-and I really hope you get in at Vandy!

Thank you!  At the moment, UTD is probably my top choice (unless I get into Vandy) so I unfortunately am not likely to be declining anytime soon :(  BUT, I would think that your odds of getting in are pretty good!  I think UTD accepted over 100 students, which means the likelihood of at least 15 people declining should be very high.  I also know someone who was accepted and will most likely not be attending, so hopefully that will help you!

Thank you!  At the moment, UTD is probably my top choice (unless I get into Vandy) so I unfortunately am not likely to be declining anytime soon :(  BUT, I would think that your odds of getting in are pretty good!  I think UTD accepted over 100 students, which means the likelihood of at least 15 people declining should be very high.  I also know someone who was accepted and will most likely not be attending, so hopefully that will help you!

Mmmkay guys, new game plan: We all scheme together to get me into Baylor, then Steph can take my spot at Vandy, and Toonces can take Steph's spot at UTD. Sound good? ;) 

Thanks for the realistic view, it really does help. I will keep my fingers crossed that the person you know declines UTD soon and that we both get good news.

Mmmkay guys, new game plan: We all scheme together to get me into Baylor, then Steph can take my spot at Vandy, and Toonces can take Steph's spot at UTD. Sound good? ;)

Say, I like where your head is at! I bet we all hear back by the middle of the month or so. Let's keep each other posted here as we progress. Good luck, ladies!

Thanks for the realistic view, it really does help. I will keep my fingers crossed that the person you know declines UTD soon and that we both get good news.

By the way, katieliz456, now that you're waitlisted, sending an email to the department head of BU (just one brief email) reiterating your readiness to take a position that opens and your continued interest in BU is supposed to put you in a positive light among waiting list candidates (if you haven't done that already).

My dept. head said the reason I was given a shot at the wait list was b/c of qualifications and because I had recently expressed interest in the program (referring to an email I sent early last week clarifying recommendation letters needed if one reapplied in a future semester and my desire to reapply  to UTD/work as an SLPA for a short bit if I'm not admitted this time.)

So, sending that initial email made me stand out just enough to snag a spot on the wait list and after being waitlisted, I sent one last email showing gratitude that entrance was still a possibility and stating that I would be available if a position opened or reapply at the first chance if not.

Hope this helps!

Wow, it sounds like you're in a really great spot with UTD :) Hopefully your good news comes soon!! 

And sorry for the confusion-- the BU in my status is actually Boston U.  I wasn't too heartbroken to be waitlisted, because I've recently realised that cold weather isn't for me!! I still have not heard either way from Baylor, and won't hear until Tuesday :( 

Hang in there! wait-lists can be a great thing! I have had 7 of them in a row :/.. So I can understand your frustration. I didn't realize Texas tech had two different due dates (?). did you hear from them by email or postal service?

Hang in there! wait-lists can be a great thing! I have had 7 of them in a row :/.. So I can understand your frustration. I didn't realize Texas tech had two different due dates (?). did you hear from them by email or postal service?
They had two different due dates last year but this year I believe all the applications were due on January 15th. I'm not 100% sure though! Did you get in??? Being on 7 waitlisted would drive me insane! I hope you get pulled off one!!! I was waitlisted at Tech last year and did not make it off the list. So I am not getting my hopes up :( I heard by postal service.