Has anyone get offer in the following programs

Kimi

U of Arizona Applied math

Columbia Applied math

maryland,college park biophysics

maryland,college park ECE

U of Michigan AIM

I have not got any decision from these school. Now it is mid-March and could anyone provide me some advice? please.

Columbia Applied math

U of Michigan AIM

I have not got any decision from these school. Now it is mid-March and could anyone provide me some advice? please.

this is my second year applying to the applied math dept at U of arizona. last year i got an interview, but i think i bombed it cause i was eventually rejected. this year, no interview. also, the invitation weekend was this past weekend and i wasnt invited. so that pretty much means a rejection.

sorry.

(i didnt apply to Michigan's AIM program cause i figured i didnt stand a chance. that is a top notch program with an incredibly low acceptance rate. best of luck to you, but if you didnt even get any form of contact from Arizona at this point, i'd guess its a 'no' from Michigan as well. i could be wrong though.)

I received the responses from Arizona and AIM program today.

Arizona:

We have a very strong group of applicants this year, and if you have an offer from another institution, it might be the most prudent course of action to accept it. A final decision on your application to the Program in Applied Mathematics at The University of Arizona may not be made until mid-April.

Michigan AIM

I apologize about our timing, but we will not be able to make any decisions this week. I can only say for certain that our process will be finished by April 15. Judging from the urgency of your message, I suppose you are trying to decide among several offers of admission; I wish you good luck with your decisions.

Does this mean that my chance is low? :x

Columbia Applied math

U of Michigan AIM

One of my batchmates got accepted by the Maryland biophysics program a long time back, around the end of Jan-beginning of Feb. Its possible you might be on some waitlist if they haven't already sent you a rejection notification. That should be considered positive, in my opinion, because I believe they may have sent out some rejections too, can't be sure though. Good luck!

I received the responses from Arizona and AIM program today.

Arizona:

We have a very strong group of applicants this year, and if you have an offer from another institution, it might be the most prudent course of action to accept it. A final decision on your application to the Program in Applied Mathematics at The University of Arizona may not be made until mid-April.

Michigan AIM

I apologize about our timing, but we will not be able to make any decisions this week. I can only say for certain that our process will be finished by April 15. Judging from the urgency of your message, I suppose you are trying to decide among several offers of admission; I wish you good luck with your decisions.

Does this mean that my chance is low? :x

These sound like waitlists to me. :)

Columbia Applied math

U of Michigan AIM

These aren't the exact same as your programs, but for whatever it's worth:

heard a "no" from Columbia physics a week or so ago

haven't heard anything besides "yes, we're still considering your application" from UMD (college park) applied math

Arizona sounds like a Waitlist...the second sounds more like "don't rush us".

Arizona's invitation weekend has come and gone.

also, based on experience from applying there last year, they appear to be one of those schools that doesnt send out rejections until the very end.

in other words, you could technically call it a waitlist at this point in time, but in reality its an inevitable rejection.

I applied to the AIM program at U of Michigan. After noticing some people on gradcafe started receiving acceptances, I emailed the Graduate Admissions and received the following response:

"There is currently no decision on your application. When a decision is made you will be notified by email. All decisions will be made before the April 15 deadline."

i finally got a response from my email inquiry to arizona:

The first round of offers has been made, and so your application is currently pending. We're waiting to see how many of those offers are accepted before making further offers.

again, it seems like with most of the programs i've applied to that rejections arent sent out in any timely manner. basically everybody not initially accepted is waitlisted until all available spots have been filled. then the wave of rejections are sent out all at once.

can't wait til the 'wave' hits me on april 15th.

UA... yes. I do know that there were a lot of people at the visit when I was there and not all of them were seriously considering going there. 17 Applied math applicants went to visit. I would say I'll hurry up with them, but honestly I think they're still my 1st choice. Good luck though!